Subject: Spoilers: Two figurine class questions.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
With the...
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Command cards, how are the enemies/move actions chosen? Do the AI rules still apply or does the Beast master/Vermling player get to choose the way the action is played?

If can attacks from command cards benefit from items you might play like the unstable bomb?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by "how are the enemies/move actions chosen?"

Your bear isn't an enemy. Since the bear is a summon, it gets its own turn before yours and uses the AI controls (moves towards focus and attacks). When it's your turn, you can then control the bear with your Command actions, and since you have control, you can choose what it does.

It can't use items.

No, "Command" attacks are not your attacks. They are the bear's, and the bear (as a summon) can't use items.

(source)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
With the...

Command cards, how are the enemies/move actions chosen? Do the AI rules still apply or does the Beast master/Vermling player get to choose the way the action is played?

If can attacks from command cards benefit from items you might play like the unstable bomb?

I think it's all covered in the FAQ. Most items are useless to the class. Command cards allow total control over the Summon, but that Summon still follows AI rules for non-Commands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Davis
msg tools
Also note that Commands cards only affect the bear. If you have other summons out they move/attack normally (as a monster would).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlatan73 wrote:
Also note that Commands cards only affect the bear. If you have other summons out they move/attack normally (as a monster would).

Yes, my reply wasn't very clear on that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On that, if during my summon attack I draw a Heal 1 HP card, who the heal applies to? I've been playing as the summon receiving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:
On that, if during my summon attack I draw a Heal 1 HP card, who the heal applies to? I've been playing as the summon receiving it.

Check FAQ (first post of the first page has the info):

FAQ wrote:
How do the heal rolling modifier cards work?
Any time a "Heal" attack modifier card is resolved, the figure who flipped it heals the amount specified. This heal can remove wound and poison like any other heal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bonet
United States
Larchmont
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the bear pick up loot dropped by dead enemies at the end of it's turn if it is standing on the loot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeNvP wrote:
Can the bear pick up loot dropped by dead enemies at the end of it's turn if it is standing on the loot?

Nope. Summons (or monsters) never preform end of turn looting; they can only loot if they have a looting ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Peterka
msg tools
Does player use attack modifier deck when he is using commands with Attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Character summons always use the attack modifier deck belonging to the character who summoned them. This goes both ways; if the summon is Blessed or Cursed, then that goes into the character's attack modifier deck.

Any time an attack happens, you draw a card from an attack modifier deck. So yes, if you do a Command attack, you should draw a card from the Beast Tyrant's deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Peterka
msg tools
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.