Unfair» Forums » General

Subject: Floorless coaster with splashdown element? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rulebook address the toilet on rollercoaster point, but what about floorless coaster with splashdown element? will it become a torture device for visitors' shoes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
An interesting question for sure but there are others that could be addressed as well. Although not as interesting I'm trying to imagine a hotel or food outlet with an express queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaFees wrote:
An interesting question for sure but there are others that could be addressed as well. Although not as interesting I'm trying to imagine a hotel or food outlet with an express queue.

at least here a number of fast food places now have order kiosks where you can use a touch screen to order rather than go to a register. No idea how to explain it on a hotel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some hotels in Vegas have Express check ins. Much better than standing in line for three hours at MGM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But strangely fast food shop cannot install the express kiosk upgrade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
They are inherently an express queue to the food already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
The fast food is my little joke - it's so cheap and so horrendous that you literally cannot improve it any way

Floorless rollercoasters are really badly named - they are the type where your feet don't touch the ground but there's still a platform underneath you. A splashdown on the Inverted rollercoaster would be a real experience - but some rides do come with a drenching warning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No wonder coasters with a splashdown element is always a prime target for safety inspection whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
The fast food is my little joke - it's so cheap and so horrendous that you literally cannot improve it any way

Floorless rollercoasters are really badly named - they are the type where your feet don't touch the ground but there's still a platform underneath you. A splashdown on the Inverted rollercoaster would be a real experience - but some rides do come with a drenching warning

reminds me of the time I went with my (now) wife and her little sister to Sea World in San Diego and it was raining but we went on the Atlantis ride anyway. I wasn't really prepared and came out drenched. Had to take my shirt off and wear my denim jacket buttoned up as a shirt the rest of the day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems unfair
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That is refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Jordan

Anchorage
Alaska
msg tools
Maybe you're inverted through the splashdown and your head is getting wet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inverted standing coaster with head pointing the to ground in a splashdown? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK Grence
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are not one, but two coasters I can think of which have splashdowns. On both of them, riders stay dry.

Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a floorless dive coaster with a splashdown element. A couple of scoops on the back of the train make 50-foot plumes of water as riders glide above the water.

There's also Manta at Sea World Orlando. It's a flying coaster, with riders face-down under the track, and has a splashdown special effect with fountains spraying water away from riders as the train takes a turn close to water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last play my husband build a hotel with an electic fence! :O
Those poor guests! Once in you never leave! Muhahaha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That's a powerful play.

Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.