Hide
5 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Strategy

Subject: The Ultimate Saxony Challenge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Ivanov
msg tools
The other day I got 4 stars in one turn as Saxony. This got me thinking about the possibility of getting all 6 stars in one turn. Of course this is not possible in most of the games you will play but if the stars (and your objective cards) line up it will be really awesome to see the look on the faces of your opponents. Has anyone accomplished or at least tried this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Ferreira
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
It doesn't seem possible to do on purpose unless you get lucky with your objectives and can complete two at once. Then you can move three units into combat, win all three of those for three stars, do whatever bottom row action for the fourth time for another star, and somewhere in there complete both objectives for the last two stars, probably by occupying territories you just won in combat.

Alternatively, any faction can get lucky to get one of those encounters that boost both power and popularity to maximum for two stars, then win two mech combats for two more stars, then complete whatever bottom row action for the fourth time for a fifth star, and finally complete one objective somewhere in there for the last star.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ivanov
msg tools
My 4 star turn was:
1 star from combat
2 from bottom row action
3 objective - control 3 farms
4 have at least 8 combat cards after earning a star for combat victory.

If I had went for more combat stars on this turn I wouldn't have been able to finish the combat card objective. I was able to close the game on next turn by producing my last worker.

True, there are not that many objectives that can both be easily completed in the same turn and early enough in the game but when there is an opportunity it can really catch your opponents by surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Don't forget possibly maxing Popularity or Power via the Enlist bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Müller
msg tools
Theory:

- Move and win 3 Combats
- Objective via move
- Last Building
- Last Popularity point (Enlist bonus of Build)

In general all 6 is possible, but highly unlikely in reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.