Subject: Convert IA/X-Wing point values for combined campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Wilgus
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
So I'm working on a "challenge campaign" idea, an asymmetric 1 v 1 "Conquest" sort of experience using X-Wing & IA Skirmish rules. The idea is an X-Com like experience with mission objectives beyond just "win/loss" that affect a larger map and permadeath for heroes and ship pilots.

The key, I think, to making this fun is to not require you to have particular expansions, but create a game mode that lets you use what you have. A common point value system could determine how you spend resources making the campaign more exciting than the "win/lose" tug-of war of the IA campaign. Like, objectives, mission goals can get you "credits" which you could put toward either ground forces or ships. What I'm wondering about is creating a relative conversion rate between credits used for IA units and X-Wing ship cards and upgrades. A simple 1/40 = x/100 conversion yields 2.5 X-Wing points for every IA point.

Obviously a lot of playtesting and tweaking is needed to make this work, but wondering if any of you experts have a better idea than me how using point values between the two games could balance out.

Cross-posted on X-Wing forum here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1776429/convert-iax-wing-po...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.