Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Legan

APO
AE
msg tools
designer
mb
Am playing a solo greatest teams tourney and the 24 Senators just beat the 95 Indians 3 games to 1 with the Big train striking out 14 to clinch. Albert Belle hit 3 hrs, all at Griffith stadium. ( Unfortunately for the tribe he had 5 hits total.) It got me thinking about HRs across eras and stadiums. Belle was great and had 50 HRs in 95. Would he have hit 50 if he played a number of games at Griffith? He is right handed. Dimensions:
LL LF LC CF RC RF RL
325 347 368 410 400 375 325 Jacobs
424 408 391 421 457! 391 326 Griffith

While "deep drive result" takes this into account a "home Run" does not. Belle's HR were all HRs. I get the mechanic and applaud it but presume it does not take into account different parks with markedly different dimensions that the player never played in. Again the question, if Belle had played a significant number of games in Griffith would his HR rating be different?

So here is my thought. For an HR result in a situation above, use the deep drive mechanic adding 30 feet as this is a well hit ball. I am not suggesting this as an official rule as it would generate too many arguments about when to apply. I play solo so everyone here will agree. Is that too much of a handicapp against Belle now? Before someone answers, "too much effort over something small", I will say I like the deep drive mechanic and as a solo player I can indulge in small that I find entertaining. Thoughts?
Thanks

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cieslinski
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The adjustment is already made. Each player card season set is adjusted for the league average to allow for cross era play and also over 500 ball park adjustment factors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Legan

APO
AE
msg tools
designer
mb
Mike
Thank you for the reply. Good to know that you adjust each card versus the season average.
Thanks
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.