This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Kickstarter Arrival Poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms will be soon shipping out copies of This War of Mine: The Board Game to those who backed the Kickstarter! This poll is for those who HAVE RECEIVED their copy. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUR COPY IN HAND!

Poll
In what country was your This War of Mine: The Board Game delivered?
North America (excluding USA)
United States
South America
Africa
Australia
Europe (excluding UK)
United Kingdom
Asia
      122 answers
Poll created by Je_Pe

Once you have voted, please add the specifics of date, location, language version, backer number (or late pledge), backer level, Add-ons and any other information you think it's important to share in a comment.

If you want to stay tuned, subscribe the thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant idea! Thanks for posting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem I got it from another user who did the same thing for Near and Far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good idea, but there's an important fact that has not been considered: Are we just talking about the English version or the additional localised versions of the game? The delivery dates might be significantly different, and when answers mix up on the poll the information shown will be misleading...

I ordered the Spanish version this time which will probably ship within the EU several weeks/months later than the English one. There should be an option to identify the version that has arrived. Just saying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
Good idea, but there's an important fact that has not been considered: Are we just talking about the English version or the additional localised versions of the game? The delivery dates might be significantly different, and when answers mix up on the poll the information shown will be misleading...

I ordered the Spanish version this time which will probably ship within the EU several weeks/months later than the English one. There should be an option to identify the version that has arrived. Just saying...

I assume this is for the English language version, since the other versions will be shipped separately at a later time…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update had shipping ztarting the 15thm 2-300 per day estimated, for 9k orders. The results will be very spread out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete truss
England
Bridgwater
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
The last update had shipping ztarting the 15thm 2-300 per day estimated, for 9k orders. The results will be very spread out.

Just as long as I get mine first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated asking for people to add the language version and backer number to the comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Why are people voting already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People should vote only when they have the game in their hands. And then comment with the specifics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe three polls?

- when shipped
- when arrived
- what was ordered

Apparently they are shipping based on content, so this allows to see what gets priority?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Maybe three polls?

- when shipped
- when arrived
- what was ordered

Apparently they are shipping based on content, so this allows to see what gets priority?

How is it supposed to work?
The more content, the last served (not complaining, just asking)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
How is it supposed to work?
The more content, the last served (not complaining, just asking)?

Supposedly. They're shipping out base game first, as it's the easiest to just send. Last will be the big collectors edition with every addon you can think of. And all variations are shipped in between in order of least to most complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the info request on the original post.

I actually never seen AR saying they are shipping by complexity levels. Can anyone post a link where they said that?

On a marketing perspective as well as logistic (storage space) they should actually send out the more complex pledges first. Because they use up more space in storage facilities and because if people will start sharing photos of the game might as well be of a more complete/prettier pledge. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Je_Pe wrote:
I've updated the info request on the original post.

I actually never seen AR saying they are shipping by complexity levels. Can anyone post a link where they said that?

On a marketing perspective as well as logistic (storage space) they should actually send out the more complex pledges first. Because they use up more space in storage facilities and because if people will start sharing photos of the game might as well be of a more complete/prettier pledge. What do you think?

Typically I'd say I have mixed feelings. I'd feel annoyed that despite being back number 75 and giving more money to Awaken realms than backer number 9000, who only ordered the base game, I'd be getting my order long after they got theirs. Still, the logistics kind of make sense and it's best they send the least complex order out now and the rest later, as opposed to sending out no orders till the most complex are ready, in order to be 'fair'... it wouldn't make a difference as I'd still get my order when they're ready to ship them.

In this case, I'm not happy. Simply because 300 orders a day is ridiculously slow. Honestly, alone and in a stockroom, I could package 300 orders in a day.

The Month of Ramadan is starting and I was hoping the game would arrive at the start of June, as I'd be away from the gym and track, and at home for most of this coming month. Oh well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dude
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you work the standard 8 hour American work day.

To meet your goal of 300 boxes a day you would need to package roughly 38 packages an hour. This is a package completed roughly every 90 seconds.

Let's assume you're taking ZERO breaks through the day (no bathroom, cigarettes, snacks or water cooler breaks). You would need to be perfect every 90 seconds. Will you be QCing these packages as well? What if something is missing? What if there's two sets of components? Well the clock is ticking and you're burning time just trying to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. Oh just push it aside? Ok well that means you e burned that time and every other package needs to be that much faster.

Oh you also can get all 300 packages from the staging area onto the proper pallets with postage, bill of lading and packaging in enough time to get all 300 out the door?

Let's not lie to ourselves here. 300 packages a day is a lofty goal and I applaud AR for putting such a high number out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedude71144 wrote:
Let's say you work the standard 8 hour American work day.

To meet your goal of 300 boxes a day you would need to package roughly 38 packages an hour. This is a package completed roughly every 90 seconds.

Let's assume you're taking ZERO breaks through the day (no bathroom, cigarettes, snacks or water cooler breaks). You would need to be perfect every 90 seconds. Will you be QCing these packages as well? What if something is missing? What if there's two sets of components? Well the clock is ticking and you're burning time just trying to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. Oh just push it aside? Ok well that means you e burned that time and every other package needs to be that much faster.

Oh you also can get all 300 packages from the staging area onto the proper pallets with postage, bill of lading and packaging in enough time to get all 300 out the door?

Let's not lie to ourselves here. 300 packages a day is a lofty goal and I applaud AR for putting such a high number out there.

Ever heard of "Assembly line"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We paid more to get more stuff, not to have a premium service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually we gave money to a project. And as a reward for that they promised to send us some things (game, exclusives, etc).
I'm not complaining. But I also think it could be done in a more efficient way (more than 300 a day). Anyway, what matters is that we get our games and it doesn't take too much time. A spread of two months is not that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Je_Pe wrote:
Actually we gave money to a project. And as a reward for that they promised to send us some things (game, exclusives, etc).
I'm not complaining. But I also think it could be done in a more efficient way (more than 300 a day). Anyway, what matters is that we get our games and it doesn't take too much time. A spread of two months is not that bad.

I guess them doing the shipping more or less themselves, instead of outsourcing to a shipping company, is one of the reasons they could keep the shipping cost so low.

Also, given the way other stuff I've backed has been packed by the shipping companies, I guess I'm pretty happy they pack everything themselves

I'd like the game asap, just like anyone else. But I'd rather wait for a bit and get everything in good condition than get it fast but broken or teared.

With the shipping cost being so low, I do kind of wish I had just added the core box in the pledge manager, and then did a second "order" with separate shipping for the rest of the stuff. Not that it would have guaranteed early shipping I guess, but still…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are slow simply because the add-on stuff is not ready. Not sure which exactly, but considering what we've seen so far, we've almost not seen any add-on stuff at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I just got my shipping email. From Realms Distribution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garbett
United Kingdom
Walsall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:

I just got one of those too. For delivery on Wednesday next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garbinho wrote:
Norbert666 wrote:

Yup, 31st.

Wasn't sure if it was this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garbett
United Kingdom
Walsall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:
Garbinho wrote:
Norbert666 wrote:

Yup, 31st.

Wasn't sure if it was this one!

Me neither - I've got about 4 KS due over the next month. It says the parcel is only 1kg which feels a bit light?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.