Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeffrey james
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks like this expansion will provide an alternate game state to play (a different victory condition for each faction). That sounds interesting, but without a new board or overlay of some sort to bring in the Rouge One planets, a little something seems to be missing. This might be a minor quibble, but it would be great to see a new 1/2 board to replace an old one to bring in the different planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it best to wait and see what we get in the box and how it changes the game before speculating too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
I'd say that in the nature of a game of Rebellion (Empire and Rebels both forge their own adventure in the star wars world) the battle of Scarif doesn't HAVE to take place on Scarif, if that makes sense. In other words, It's ok if the Empire hides their plans on Mustufar, or Courscant, etc. Since the Rebels don't have to hide their base on one from the movie, I think this keeps it balanced. They don't need to add another board in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Bonini
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WisdomForWizards wrote:
I'd say that in the nature of a game of Rebellion (Empire and Rebels both forge their own adventure in the star wars world) the battle of Scarif doesn't HAVE to take place on Scarif, if that makes sense. In other words, It's ok if the Empire hides their plans on Mustufar, or Courscant, etc. Since the Rebels don't have to hide their base on one from the movie, I think this keeps it balanced. They don't need to add another board in this case.

doesn't the intro article point to that with the picture of the mission? "Secure the plans" is on Tatooine.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/a3/a4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WisdomForWizards wrote:

True, and IMO that's what makes the game so great. You do all the things that happened in the movies, but every game they are rearranged to other planets and happen in other sequences.

A new board with other planets could be fun, as with the given board there are certain first moves to secure vital planets that occur in nearly every game I play. So some new planets could mix it up a bit. Yet I guess we won't see those, at least I haven't read anywhere that they add new planets to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Barnett
msg tools
Re: Location
In response to Louis Bonini's URL link/image...
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/a3/a4...

Surely that card's location is entirely accurate to the RO/ANH timeline of this expansion?

My follow-on explanation my be considered a spoiler, if you haven't watched Rogue One yet, so tried braking it into two statements, the 2nd of which shouldn't be new info. to anyone since the late '70s!
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The rebels steal the Death Star plans successfully from Scarif (end of Rogue One), and then the Imperials give chase to an escaping corvette (with Leia onboard)...

The 1st 'planet fall' after those (RO) events are the droids in an escape capsule falling onto Tantooine (at the beginning of A New Hope) - hence the imperials now chase down that trail/lead to its logical conclusion in order to 'secure the plans' - So, logically this mission card couldn't happen anywhere but on Tantooine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.