Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over 2 ½ years have passed since this entertaining real estate game has been played at the Bungalow. Dave expressed an interest in playing, so I gladly taught the game to him. We were joined by Spencer, Lenny and Steve.

We did use a few variants:

1) Trade. As per the variants in the official rules, a player may offer a trade of up to 2 cards. However, if he finds no takers, he is still allowed to execute a different action.

2) City Hall. The player who constructs City Hall earns 4 points.

3) After selecting and placing the starting neighborhoods, the player who placed the last neighborhood takes his turn first.

These variants add a bit more spice to the game and help make it fairer.

After several rounds of placing businesses and homes, our options expanded when I opted to construct City Hall. I had surged into the lead and was eagerly watching things develop around some key plots that I possessed. Everything was in place with the exception of one special building, which could easily have been constructed by whichever player who possessed the particular plot. If this special building had been constructed, everything would have been in place for me to construct a mega shopping mall and cement my victory.

Unfortunately, the required building was never built. However, just around the corner from my potentially lucrative parcels of real estate, the same conditions emerged, allowing Steve to construct the mall and surge into the lead. The game was at its end.

Finals: Steve 68, Greg 58, Dave 50, Lenny 50, Spencer 42

Ratings: Spencer 8, Steve 8, Dave 7.5, Lenny 7, Greg 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.