Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Check this update for a picture of the attraction previously named Firewalker along with the origin of the names on the ballot!

Poll: Firewalker Vote
What should the attraction previously known as Firewalker be called?

Don't forget what we're looking for:
* The name should sound like an old timey sideshow attraction, such as Sword Swallower or Goose-Necked Girl or Man-Eating Plant.
* You should be able to start off by saying, "STEP RIGHT UP and see the UNBELIEVABLE, COLOSSAL, ASTONISHING {attraction name}!"
* The name should be no longer than 17 characters.
* Ask yourself: Which characteristics can be called out in the name that would draw a crowd to come see them?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Firewalker
6.9% 11
Professor Pyro
28.7% 46
Professor Inferno
16.2% 26
Char Cole
10.0% 16
Hot Head Houlihan
8.1% 13
Shane's Mother-In-Law
1.2% 2
Burning Man
18.8% 30
Mr. Fahrenheit
14.4% 23
Infernicus
16.2% 26
Man on Fire
6.2% 10
Incinerator
6.2% 10
Voters 160
This poll is now closed.   160 answers
Poll created by forbiddenlimb
Closes: Sat May 27, 2017 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McCoy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
and His Amazing Zoo Crew!
badge
I'm Spader-Man.
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked my own suggestion better than all of these, but it didn't get chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
hoojeebo wrote:
I liked my own suggestion better than all of these, but it didn't get chosen.

Sorry yours didn't get chosen. We've been learning more and more about which names are consistent with the rest of the game and we'll give some more direction to everyone next time.

For example, we don't have any attractions with proper names like Bill the Butcher or anything like that so it would be a little odd to throw one of those in the game as much as we liked some of those. We had quite a few suggestions with "Human" at the beginning and we already have a Human Cannonball so we probably won't have another Human anything. We also already have a "Doctor" Jekyll so we don't really want another Doctor if we can avoid it. It's hard to call out every little thing that might disqualify a name, but we'll certainly make an exception if there's one we just can't pass up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Frost
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I gotta get more on top of posting suggested names. I just wish this card was colored more towards reds and oranges to bring the 'fire element' out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
HausOfQwert wrote:
I just wish this card was colored more towards reds and oranges to bring the 'fire element' out.

That's a great point about the color scheme as blue is a "cooler" color. I think it will make more sense when you see all of the cards together because they are color tinted towards each suit/type. This is a Freaks attractions, and all of the Freaks have a blue-ish tint to them. The Oddities are tinted yellow, the Horrors are purple, and the Beasts are orange. It's a critical part of the game for the suits to be clearly differentiated so this color tinting is one of the subtle, subconscious hints to the player that this card goes with the other attractions that are blue-ish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just assumed that he was burning hotter than normal.

THE TEMPERATURES OF FIRE
Temperatures rise gradually during combustion, and flames occur only when the temperature is high enough for the fuel to vaporize and combine with oxygen. Temperatures in the neighborhood of 500 degrees Celsius (932 degrees Fahrenheit) produce a red glow, and temperatures between 600 and 1,000 degrees Celsius (1,112 and 1,832 degrees Fahrenheit) produce red flames. The flames turn orange between 1,000 and 1,200 degrees Celsius (1,832 and 2,192 degrees Fahrenheit), and they turn yellow between 1,200 and 1,400 degrees Celsius (2,192 and 2,552 degrees Fahrenheit). At hotter temperatures, the flame color moves into the blue/violet end of the visible spectrum.

http://sciencing.com/colors-fire-hot-8631323.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
HAHAHAHA. Skip dropped some SCIENCE on us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.