18 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Full game organization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ulm
msg tools
mb
I'm an OCD organizer and try to get everything to fit in it's place, whether it's its own box or with Plano / Stanley boxes. This has worked pretty well so far until along comes CW and the insane figures.

I sprung for the full monte of everything in OS2. What in the world am I to do? I'm guessing it's entirely unreasonable to unbox it all and try to organize it. Some of you peeps who have everything currently, do you just store it in the existing boxes and pull them out as needed?

I saw a group at Gencon last year with it all...I didn't think to stop by them and see what semi truck they used to transport it all.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far the most I have done is ditch all the inserts, put 2 factions each into the faction expansion boxes, and put all the gates, boards, cards, tokens, etc in the base box. Its still 5 boxes to transport, and I've used a massive duffel bag to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you didn't get the exclusive nightgaunt that hauls all your CW in your OS2 order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a multi-draw storage cabinet on wheels. It was one of the craft ones from Michael's that I got a good deal on. I'm fairly sure it will still fit the new stuff from OS2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use two Detolf cabinets to display minis at home.

I use a ChromaCast bag to carry factions, HP, 6-8 map, and Azathoth to the game shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping an eye on this thread: [thread=25681692][/thread]

I'm waiting for OS2 to reach me (a matter of mere weeks now) and then...I've snatched some heavy foam blocks (used to pack heavy-duty UPSes) from work and will see if I can't get my talented wife to carve them into a storage solution of some sort.

It's a nice nightmare to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Chase's thread on his foam layouts. I will be backing that Kickstarter when it goes live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to store all the expansions, I think custom foam is the best of what you'll get, as Chase Norton has designed.

Personally, I only have the core game and the 4 expansion factions... no other stuff. So I'm content to keep the factions in their boxes, though I'll probably make my own custom insert in their own boxes once I paint the miniatures.

For the core box, I came up with this custom foamcore insert to ease in game deployment:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
As a few others have mentioned, I am going to be selling this solution:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1731524/cw-storage-solution...

I am still waiting for my OS2 order to arrive before I can finalize designs for OS2 components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This stores the main game, all playable factions, Terrors , monsters and normal elder ones.

Not shown are the extra mapsboxes and glow-in-the-dark old ones.

I could fit up to two math boxes into the core box currently. I have plenty of space in that box to add in more things.

Lowe's plastic totes ist 2.99 and they fit one faction perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naty Hoffman
msg tools
Which size totes did you get from Lowe's (they have a lot of different sizes)? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NatyH wrote:
Which size totes did you get from Lowe's (they have a lot of different sizes)? Thanks!

https://www.target.com/p/utility-storage-bin-black-xs-kis/-/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Carroll
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Cthulhu Wars Homebrewers Unite!
mbmbmbmbmb
soul42 wrote:
This stores the main game, all playable factions, Terrors , monsters and normal elder ones.

Not shown are the extra mapsboxes and glow-in-the-dark old ones.

I could fit up to two math boxes into the core box currently. I have plenty of space in that box to add in more things.

Lowe's plastic totes ist 2.99 and they fit one faction perfectly.

Do those fit a whole faction including Great Old Ones, colors gates, and brain cylinders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the colored gates or glow in dark old ones in the smaller box.
The gates fit in the core box.

There is probably room in most of the faction boxes for the colored gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But they do fit the regular GOOs with the faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naty Hoffman
msg tools
Thanks for the link! This looks like a good option. Do you put the faction cards in the totes as well, or do they not fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ulm
msg tools
mb
I like the KIS boxes linked, but went to a number of Targets and they had none. Likewise, they don't seem to want to ship them, not sure why.

I found Really Useful Boxes:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/boxdetails.ph...

They are similar and available in multiples colors, more expensive though. I was looking at the 2.1L version, about the same size as the KIS one. Trying to get one faction per box in the closest color (of which they have exactly the faction color, with gray for monsters and Neutrals), but also include the glowy version of each GOO too, so two big Cthulhus is worst case length wise.

Edit: Looking at the 2.1L, it may be too small for Cthulhu, i measure the figure at 7.5" high, and the internal box size is smaller...though I could angle it. The 3L seems perfect, the 5L box is larger and could hold the extra faction items, or two factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
ironregime wrote:
So far the most I have done is ditch all the inserts, put 2 factions each into the faction expansion boxes, and put all the gates, boards, cards, tokens, etc in the base box. Its still 5 boxes to transport, and I've used a massive duffel bag to do so.

While I'm figuring out a shelf-solution, I went with:
6-8 player maps, gates and most bits into base game box
3-5 player maps into library box
Map specific models and bits including cylinders into a map box
All independent GOO into a map box
All independent monsters into a map box
All terrors and reference tiles/cards and related spell books into azathoth box
All 8 factions doubling up into one of the expansion faction boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.