Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juma, could you verify how the Settlement scoring works with Clan McDonald's Fisherman. If a Fisherman is in a loch space adjacent to a land space with a same-colored unit, are they are considered ONE settlement or TWO?

Per the rules on page 8: "A Settlement is defined as a cluster of neighboring units (adjacent and no river in between) of one color." So only RIVERS can separate two neighboring units, not land + loch, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
are they are considered ONE settlement or TWO?

One settlement.

Two or more units are different settlements as soon as water divides them (river or loch hexes). If a loch hex is in between, these units are not adjacent anymore. That's why adjacent units are only different settlements if divided by a river.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, are fishermen considered one unit for settlement scoring purposes? If I deploy let's say 5 fishermen within shipping reach, connected with 7 other land units, do I consider the settlement size to be 12?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
A fisher and a neighboring land unit are part of the same settlement.

Does this answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm still confused about the definition of settlements in solo scoring.

The solo rules say:
"Settlement Scoring:
14 or more Settlements 18 VP
11-13 Settlements 12 VP
8-10 Settlements 6 VP"

Does it mean that 14 shipping connected neighboring units score 18 VPs?

Or does it mean 14 independent "settlements" (clusters of units), not connected by shipping?

The latter seems rather impossible to get in five rounds, even with slaughtering animals ending in segmented settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.