United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
Prophecy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Z-Man-Games-Prophecy-Board-Game/dp/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McK
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Egg, mate. Please stop.

Can't you just create one thread and spam that instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
SKEEEZ wrote:
Egg, mate. Please stop.

It's OK Matt. Don't worry. I'm not posting any more deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infectedeggs wrote:
SKEEEZ wrote:
Egg, mate. Please stop.

Personally, I like the individual threads. It's simple enough to mark read if you're not interested in them.

Keep up the good work Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
infectedeggs wrote:
SKEEEZ wrote:
Egg, mate. Please stop.

Personally, I like the individual threads. It's simple enough to mark read if you're not interested in them.

Keep up the good work Andrew :)

Sorry Stuart - can't do it. I am receiving too much abuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
infectedeggs wrote:
Sorry Stuart - can't do it. I am receiving too much abuse.
Looks like your threads from yesterday have also been removed so thanks to whoever is reporting them (no doubt someone who doesn't take the time and effort to post deals) and thanks mod(s) for removing said deals. Anyone who didn't check in yesterday has missed them.

Tune in next week where a guy who finds (and posts) 5 hot deals in a single day will have his account suspended.

/sarcasm off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McK
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Egg. Hope that my request wasn't received as 'abuse' it certainly wasn't meant that way.

My gut says that 8 or 9 threads in less than 24 hours highlighting Ebay listing for a single supplier is most likely spam by the sellers alt. Apologies if this was not the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
In the past week or two Andrew has posted deals for 365games, boardgamehut, chaos cards, Gameseek and Meeples Corner. I for one appreciate your posts Andrew, as well as the occasional banter that ensues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew cheers for the effort in posting deals mate. I personally don't care if people post them individually or in one post. I really think people need to get a life if complaining about this other nobody will bother to post deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew. Thanks for your efforts in bringing deals to our attention. Personally I would prefer that you combined them in one thread but I don't object to you posting separate threads if that's how you prefer to do it.

I think some of the complainers have been well over the top and it started to look like sharks circling so it is great that you have had support from others today.

The poster defining what is or is not a deal particularly annoyed me. So if a game is not highly rated or is more than a few years old and a retailer drops the price significantly then this is not a deal???? He may not think so but it is to me and I suspect it is for many others.

Please don't stop identifying deals because of a vocal minority and please accept a few geek gold to thank you for your efforts to date.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, that in my own personal opinion, if there are many coming from one source, I would say something like 'lots of deals at Steves Collectables' and then list the ones you thought were good, all in one thread. Then leave it up to others to have a little trawl through the rest of the site.

But whichever way you do it, it pretty much doesn't bother me.

Keep on posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United Kingdom
Scunthorpe
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Superted...yes I even have a costume.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep up the good work Andrew - which ever way things go.

I'm happy with a thread for each game as I can quickly see if I would be interested in a deal or not. Although I can see how this can annoy people if they are subscribed to the Deals forum.

If you have to put a site on when it has multiple deals then do that and keep up the work its helping everyone at the end of the day even if there is a few scrooges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also appreciate the deals posts(not sure my bank balance or wife appreciate them as much ), please don't stop !

I'm personally not bothered if they are all in one thread or not, I just use the 'mark read' feature for games I'm not interested in. it only takes a few seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I also appreciate both the effort to post hot deals and the individual threads.

A single thread means I have to read every single new post to the thread just to see if it's another deal being added whilst an individual thread for a deal I'm not interested in can just be marked read without checking the content. Therefore individual threads save me time when checking my subscriptions.

Thanks for your hard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Andrew, thanks very much for doing what this forum is for.

I also would much prefer threads for each game, as that way I can know if I want to look for a specific game, rather than "good offers at XXX".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Godfrey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree Andrew, I really appreciate your taking the time to post these offers. If the game interests me I take a look and click through, if not I just click read and that's it done. I don't really understand the fuss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also far prefer the separate threads. At a quick glance I know everything I want. Thanks for the effort you've put in. I totally understand you giving up given the complaints but it's a real shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Bruce
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Andrew Eggs, please continue your fine work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Turl
msg tools
mbmbmb
Keep up the good work OP...have got some good games at cracking deals thanks to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
msg tools
Had to create an account just to say thank you!
I regularly lurk on this thread and have grabbed some great bargains!
Thanks so much so far, I hope you don't decide to stop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
I commented on one of the other threads. My comment was along the lines that made it seem suspicious that you were posting so many deals from the same vendor. But it seems you have posted from other places too. I checked your profile page before I posted so maybe you should put a little 'bio' on there saying that you love finding and sharing deals and you have no affiliation with any particular shops.

It doesn't bother me if you post individual threads or all in one. I don't subscribe to Hot Deals, I just have it as a 'quicklink' and check it from time to time.

I can see how some people might query whether any of these old games are really 'hot deals' or just 'deals'. After all Steve's Collectibles pretty much constantly has a dozen or more Board Games on sale so it might be more helpful to just list what genuinely looks highly rated and a good price.

Just my 2p really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

£14.95 + £4.62 UK delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
redbuddha wrote:

£14.95 + £4.62 UK delivery.

He also had Prophecy: Water Realm, the second expansion for £12.57 delivered, but I can't find it now. May have all gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.