Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! This place seem dead so why not talk about the best edition of the game and why it's so damn fun!

Yesterday my brother visited me for the weekend (2.5 hour ride) and we decided to "un-dust" Dust for the old times sake. We used to play this game a lot back when we lived closer.

So we setup a 4x5 tile map and played 400 points. Took about 3 hours but it was damn fun. We should have used objectives but simply played 8 rounds of pure and simple war.

He ended up winning with a 15 points lead 271 points killed VS 256. I played SSU and he played Axis.

This game is awesome.

Here's a few blurry pictures, some of my 95% painted collection (mostly speed painted by me and SSU almost all premium models) and the map we played on yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Played a game this weekened, for old times sake!
Yep, game was good. Really too bad they butchered it as much as they did. They tried to make it more dynamic and fast playing... they only suceeded in making the game require a larger footprint and three times the number of dices while not changing much in the depth department.

It sure had promise... with a fourth faction that was supposedly coming out, with a fifth eventual Vrill/Alien faction and an evolving storyline...

All that died a long time ago when they slipt from FFG.

Has Dust Games ever produced another game since they parted ways with FFG? They had several published by FFG, from the Dust strategy game, to City of Thieves and Sky Traders. Now that i think about it, Dust Games seems to have vanished altogether...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup David, thanks for the inspiring post. Now I'm going to play this again. I think maybe you've started an Un-Dust-Dust trend already!

Dust tactics is more than just great looking, yet that is the finest collection of painted models I've ever seen. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Cruz

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of Luftwaffe coming out now.....Long Range Desert Group teaser pics out, Japanese Faction 2017 I believe, and Chinese sub-faction after that...Dust is still expanding and rebuilding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burt Yaroch

The Villages
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
Still a great game. We haven't played with the new rules yet but looking forward to giving them a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's still freaking enjoyable with the revised ruleset.

I mainly play Warhammer 40k/AOS and Dust have a lot of similar mechanic, it's really the perfect blend between a board game and a miniatures game.

You guys should really "un-Dust" the game and play on custom maps. The cheer fun of creating a map with it's narrative is part of the fun, plus the revised rules are really nice and still great even in 2017.

The only sad thing is that you can't buy newer models if you don't plan to use Battlefront rules, which IMO you shouldn't anyway. There's a lot of cool new models that i'd like, I could try to custom make some stat cards though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
The only sad thing is that you can't buy newer models if you don't plan to use Battlefront rules, which IMO you shouldn't anyway. There's a lot of cool new models that i'd like, I could try to custom make some stat cards though...
The latest edition is not from Battlefront.

Dust 1947, including all cards and models, comes directly from Dust Studio. You can download the rules as pdf for free.

If you'd like I can provide more interesting links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F. Alvin Truell
United States
Statesville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Wow, thanks for sharing about Dust 1947; I have a small collection of Dust '46 stuff that I haven't got out in years now and I thought the game had died.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome! And no, the game is not dead. It's picked up a lot of pace and they are releasing loads of stuff.

If you want to know more about news and other things Dust I can recommend our very own podcast, the Dust War Journals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.