Subject: Story and base set play. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a lot of "adventure game books" and with their segmented stories I might be a little spoiled in my expectations of this game.

It would be great if they insert pure narrative cards , other than mission objectives, into the adventures. This would advance the feeling of a progressing narrative that tabletop rpg's deliver.

I'm a solo player where setting and story presented are very important to the gameplay. No not the thinly veiled stuff coating the cards but a good developing narrative.

Reading other post I agree for the need of continuing developing characters,without stickers. That if dice don't integrate well into the game then to leave them out.

On the other hand as a product I could easily visualize (ouch) customized d6's that rep class and species as extra bonus die sold in small bubble packs. (Burr)

Here's a wish for a final product that really gives pftacg a good go at competition.

P.S.

I would love MouseGuard the adventure card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rkcpek wrote:
I've played a lot of "adventure game books" and with their segmented stories I might be a little spoiled in my expectations of this game.

It would be great if they insert pure narrative cards , other than mission objectives, into the adventures. This would advance the feeling of a progressing narrative that tabletop rpg's deliver.

I agree! I've been thinking the same thing for Aeon's End and getting more story into Pathfinder (there are only very limited narratives, though there is flavor text).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.