Popular Tags: [View All]
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when you run out of character cards to add to the array ,the rule book says that when you can't add any more cards to the array that is the final round.

Ok, so does that mean the game is over after that round and if you haven't shot all the Parasites you lose? Or do you keep playing just skip the step to add Character cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You play that one final round without having added a new Character to the mix.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. I got that ,but what if there are parasites left on the table after the final round?

Do you lose the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence -Mark Twain
badge
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:
Right. I got that ,but what if there are parasites left on the table after the final round?

Do you lose the game?

That's not how we play. We just keep going until we kill too many reals, or end up winning by being able to identify all, (or losing because we are wrong).

I never understood the wording of that final round thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You play that one final round and hope that you have killed all of the parasites. If not, your group loses.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No way. Dang. We should have lost like every game we played. This really ramps up the difficulty. I guess it reflects the spirit of Rick and Morty. When we lose can we hop to another dimension where we won, and our alternate selves just happened to die around that time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ogoctopus wrote:
No way. Dang. We should have lost like every game we played. This really ramps up the difficulty.

From the two times I played this (and fumbled a lot through the rulebook), I gather that it may be more efficient to strive for a point where you know every character on the board is real. When it gets to the last round, you are in a real pickle, so controlling when to end the game may be your best bet.

At least that's how it looks to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I thought that you could only win when you had all the reals that were left in the deck on the table. Then we would just whittle away parasites until we were fairly certain there were only real left. on the table We would still lose sometimes.

This seems more thematic too. You would keep killing parasites until they are all dead. The real people left at the end of the "episode" or game, would be the number of real people in the episode minus the ones you killed accidentally.

This game is way harder than I thought it was. We always sort of glazed over the part about last round. I think it's because it sounded too hard and we didn't want to play that way. We may just play this variation from the official rules, how we did play up until now.

At any rate I need to read the rules again thoroughly and play a few practice games with girl before bringing it out on game night. You might see a variant post in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.