Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG store says May is the expected ship date. Does anyone know if that's still accurate? I can't wait to play the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is NO NEWS about this at all since announcement. No pictures. No videos. No articles or even comments by the designer.

And this is a project that was priced higher to help the designer.

No idea when this shows up. I just hope that it does show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last month, I was told by the UK retailer that it was with the publishers. No other information, other than an expectation that it would be ready for collection at U.K. Games Expo next month.

Here's hoping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a private communication from Treefrog showing a picture of Martin holding a production copy of the game. I see no reason why it shouldn't hit the streets some time in May as the schedule that I was previously given doesn't seem to have changed. This makes "available at UKGE" seem very plausible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
mccrispy wrote:
I have had a private communication from Treefrog showing a picture of Martin holding a production copy of the game. I see no reason why it shouldn't hit the streets some time in May as the schedule that I was previously given doesn't seem to have changed. This makes "available at UKGE" seem very plausible.

It still would be nice if the designer, given the price for the reason mentioned above and especially since this is Treefrog's swan song, popped in to let us know what's going on regarding the release schedule (especially since a game released in Europe might take another month or more to reach the states).

It would only take a few minutes of his time and it'd be a courtesy to us who've had money on this for the last few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It would be nice but it isn't a KS or anything where he has promised he would or it is expected that he does. I'm sure we'll get the game. If not in May then soon afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
It would be nice but it isn't a KS or anything where he has promised he would or it is expected that he does. I'm sure we'll get the game. If not in May then soon afterwards.
Except that some people seem to think that there is an entitlement to updates. If anybody has preordered through a retailer then surely it's up to the retailer to provide updates? On the other hand, if anybody has ordered from Treefrog direct (however that may have occurred) then I'm sure they are receiving updates from Treefrog and will pass them on - as appropriate - in due course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss the good old days when a game was announced and then the game came out...no updates, complaints about free stretch goals, getting it before other people, etc etc. Now days it seems for many people a game designer needs to be better at social media than at designing games. People seem to think patience is a women from Toledo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Espada
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
I miss the good old days when a game was announced and then the game came out...no updates, complaints about free stretch goals, getting it before other people, etc etc. Now days it seems for many people a game designer needs to be better at social media than at designing games. People seem to think patience is a women from Toledo.

The Curse of our time. Instant information. It seems a good advance... until it enslave you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:

In the old days we weren't asked to preorder and pay in advance, we just went to the store and picked up the games when they came in. I don't see how its unreasonable to give some periodic information once you have customer's pre-paying for products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you preorder an item from Amazon and it's delayed, who do you contact? The publisher or Amazon? Who took your money in exchange for the preorder? Why are games different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon tells you when things get delayed. A quick tweet could answer everyone's question. Simple communication has always been something wallace/treefrog doesn't understand. Big surprise that they can't figure out how to stay afloat against other game companies that can handle simple customer relations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djhopscotch wrote:
Amazon tells you when things get delayed. A quick tweet could answer everyone's question. Simple communication has always been something wallace/treefrog doesn't understand. Big surprise that they can't figure out how to stay afloat against other game companies that can handle simple customer relations.
You completely misunderstand the situation. Let me spell it out for you: you did not pay any money to Treefrog games when you preordered HoS therefore there is no requirement for Treefrog to communicate with you. Treefrog has no relationship with you at all, just like Sony Entertainment, Tor Publishing, or Square Enix have no relationship with you when you preorder one of their products via Amazon and you have to wait longer than you think that you should. Amazon communicates with you in that instance. I ask again: why are board games different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:

There is no REAL difference Majority of us have paid for something at premium already last year that was used to manufacture this game (and for other outstanding financial obligations of Treefrog).

The only difference is that there were no stretch goals.

Anyways, here's hoping it shows up soon! It is just weird to have absolutely no communication from the creator here or on Treefrog Facebook page or website news.

(Oh and as for KS: https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/a-handful-of-stars-p... they are treating it as if KS.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:

There is no REAL difference Majority of us have paid for something at premium already last year that was used to manufacture this game (and for other outstanding financial obligations of Treefrog).

The only difference is that there were no stretch goals.

Anyways, here's hoping it shows up soon! It is just weird to have absolutely no communication from the creator here or on Treefrog Facebook page or website news.

(Oh and as for KS: https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/a-handful-of-stars-p... they are treating it as if KS.)
There is a REAL difference: your financial relationship is with a retailer, not with the publisher. The onus for communication with the customer is therefore on the retailer, not the publisher. (Sure, the retailer might reasonably expect updates from the publisher and they might or might not pass those on to their customers...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Martin's tacit appeal to his fans to 'overpay' for this game to help him out, it would be courteous for him to pop by now and again ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Given Martin's tacit appeal to his fans to 'overpay' for this game to help him out, it would be courteous for him to pop by now and again ....

Agreed.
But some designers, and publishers, regard BGG as a viper's pit. He may be one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
enoon wrote:

Agreed.
But some designers, and publishers, regard BGG as a viper's pit. He may be one of those.
While he occasionally drops in on rules questions, Mr Wallace generally steers clear of comment on BGG. It all predates my use of BGG, but IIRC there was some unpleasantness that may be at the root of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
There is a REAL difference: your financial relationship is with a retailer, not with the publisher. The onus for communication with the customer is therefore on the retailer, not the publisher. (Sure, the retailer might reasonably expect updates from the publisher and they might or might not pass those on to their customers...)

Look. I really don't care what a technical difference you're trying to argue here

If a creator announces a new game and asks fanbase to place a very early expensive pre-order six months prior to estimated release to help with cashflow and help fund the production of the last game of the company and also alleviate the preexisting financial obligations of that company, it is perfectly reasonable to keep said fanbase updated how things are going at a level that is AT LEAST at a similar level to what other companies do even with games that have NO tied financial commitment between parties yet.

There has been not one article or post about the game since the call to pre-orders six months ago.

I know you told me that you have some secret inner circle going on that does get those updates, but what about the rest of the fanbase that acted based on Treefrog Games call out on the website and placed the pre-order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Why? BGG is not the universal point of contact for all purchasers of the game. I wonder what proportion of purchasers of HoS were made by BGG users in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Look. I really don't care what a technical difference you're trying to argue here

If a creator announces a new game and asks fanbase to place a very early expensive pre-order six months prior to estimated release to help with cashflow and help fund the production of the last game of the company and also alleviate the preexisting financial obligations of that company, it is perfectly reasonable to keep said fanbase updated how things are going at a level that is AT LEAST at a similar level to what other companies do even with games that have NO tied financial commitment between parties yet.

There has been not one article or post about the game since the call to pre-orders six months ago.

I know you told me that you have some secret inner circle going on that does get those updates, but what about the rest of the fanbase that acted based on Treefrog Games call out on the website and placed the pre-order?

Articles would be to sell more preorders or copies. If I've already preordered, I'll get the game. I don't need more articles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
enoon wrote:
Agreed.
While he occasionally drops in on rules questions, Mr Wallace generally steers clear of comment on BGG. It all predates my use of BGG, but IIRC there was some unpleasantness that may be at the root of this.
He posts when it suits him; he posted to ask us to support him in his final fling with AHoS. It'd be nice if he'd have to courtesy to pop by and let us know how production is going and how he's grateful (or not) for our support.

If you do your research (you'll need to do that if you want to come over all Oracle like) instead of making silly assumptions you'll find any 'unpleasantness' or 'uproar' was considerably supportive of MW's side of any argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
Because it would be courteous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I spoke to a lovely lady at Gameslore in uk today, she said that it might be getting to them in the next 10 days.
Fingers crossed!
No i dont have a transcript or paper trail for this conversation.
If it turns out to be wrong, I am not liable.
This info is NOT fact, it is a report, and she could be wrong.

But still... I'm hopeful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
enoon wrote:
Why?
Because it would be courteous.
No, I meant why would it be courteous? And why is that a good thing - it's not something that you expect in almost any other field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.