Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you must decide each building's A/B orientation at the beginning of the game, but what if you made it interesting and made it so that the first player to build any given tile # gets to select the A/B orientation, with all subsequent players having to respect that choice?

Would that make a Builder-heavy strategy more or less powerful/competitive? (In my opinion, it might spur some folks to build more, as they would get the chance to determine side-orientation for everyone else.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordy Lelon
Belgium
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
I think it would make the builder strategy worse. IF you go builder, you want a clear path/strategy. Adding the randomness of other people building on the side you do not want, makes the builder strategy even less attractive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Zardo
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
jlelon wrote:
I think it would make the builder strategy worse. IF you go builder, you want a clear path/strategy. Adding the randomness of other people building on the side you do not want, makes the builder strategy even less attractive.

And I believe it is important to say that the builder strategy is, in my opinion, the weakest one. I see it as an auxiliary strategy that supports the engineer and cowboy strategies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Favelo
United States
Purcellville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here’s a slight mod to your mod: when we play we allow each player to choose which side of each number they wish to build at time of deployment. So when I build #2 I may choose 2a but you might use 2b.

We do this because, as someone on this thread said, the builder strategy appears to be the weakest, though I’d like to see data to verify that. So this makes builders a little more viable.
Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.