Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the world full of big and serious games about Mars we decided to show you our Pocket Mars: quick and smart card game. So we decided to create this fun add campaign I hope you will enjoy our humor

While wandering on Mars, we discovered an awesome farm that is currently recruiting new colonists! The food there is fresh and tasty, so you guys are invited to come by and take a look! This building looks awesome from up close!

Breaking news! Mars ain't a scary place anymore. Thanks to all the constructions that are made to make us feel comfortable and peaceful! So pack up your stuff and come along! We will provide great locations with breathtaking views!
This ad was provided to you by Construction Building company.

FINALLY WE HAVE A BREAKTHROUGH!
Yes it's finally here! We have it! Scientists all over Mars were working hard for a months! But we are able to make Vodka from potatoes grown on Mars! Eureka! #PocketMars
This ad was provided to you by Mars Scientist magazine by Science Building.

We have received many emails from customers who are concerned about the upcoming flights that will take us to Mars. We wish to let you know that in #PocketMars we are using our own airlines and spaceships so do not worry at all!

Since we recived many questions about solo rules for #pocketmars. The box says 2-4, but solo rules will be there! Androids are on it's way. And you will be able to face them at the premiere!
#whyithadtoberobots #deviousautomatics #solochallange

A rumor says, that Niel Armstrong is somewhere in this line, right around the moon, but it's not like we expect anything less than this!

So if you want to make sure we still have a copy for you at UK Games Expo, just pre-order here: http://bit.ly/2qzOQnw
#pocketmars #potatoesforeveryone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that this is humorous and all, and the subject of your artwork isn't very bright, and a sexist publication is maybe just as likely as 'WalMars', but you're saying of all your architects and workers on Mars there's only one female? Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dembek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Well don't be like that lol, i don't think finding offensive and sexist things in everything out there in the internet is the best thing to do. It is after all one and only female on Mars SO FAR Since the colonization just started (even not since it's campain promoting the game not yet released), and we do believe (and know from pre-orders) many more are joining. You should take it light as it was intended. And if it really offensive to you personally, we are sorry but it wasn't our intention ever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we recived many questions about solo rules for #pocketmars. The box says 2-4, but solo rules will be there! Androids are on it's way. And you will be able to face them at the premiere!
#whyithadtoberobots #deviousautomatics #solochallange

A rumor says, that Niel Armstrong is somewhere in this line, right around the moon, but it's not like we expect anything less than this!

So if you want to make sure we still have a copy for you at UK Games Expo, just pre-order here: http://bit.ly/2qzOQnw
#pocketmars #potatoesforeveryone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt_ wrote:
Well don't be like that lol, i don't think finding offensive and sexist things in everything out there in the internet is the best thing to do. It is after all one and only female on Mars SO FAR Since the colonization just started (even not since it's campain promoting the game not yet released), and we do believe (and know from pre-orders) many more are joining. You should take it light as it was intended. And if it really offensive to you personally, we are sorry but it wasn't our intention ever

Dear Friend,

... apologizing to a troll is what they want, and only serves to encourage them. Negative Nellies
are one of the unfortunate drawbacks of living on our planet, but simply ignoring them will quite
easily make 'em go away,,,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt_ wrote:

I wasn't offended. What I was trying to do was point out what I thought was an example of unconscious sexism.

The potato joke is funny because there would be very few potatoes on Mars, which we all know about after The Martian. You're trying to make the same joke about females, but that only works if you really do think that when we colonise Mars, all the colonists bar one would be male... which is clearly a fallacy. Sometimes even jokes don't work if there's no logic to them.

Like I said in my original post, I know these cartoons are intended as a joke. I'm confident you considered the sexism in a 'Miss Mars' magazine, and decided to run with it anyway, which you are certainly entitled to do. However, even if you don't care about the sexism per se, the risk of offending people could potentially lower your sales, so why do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
'This War Without an Enemy'
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt_ wrote:
i don't think finding offensive and sexist things in everything out there in the internet is the best thing to do

The original art depicting a sexist publication may have been intended as some sort of joke, and would probably work as such in some countries, but your comment here is potentially offensive in itself. Writing "lol" just makes you seem juvenile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
janos_hunyadi wrote:
Matt_ wrote:
i don't think finding offensive and sexist things in everything out there in the internet is the best thing to do

The original art depicting a sexist publication may have been intended as some sort of joke, and would probably work as such in some countries, but your comment here is potentially offensive in itself. Writing "lol" just makes you seem juvenile.

Yey and the next thread where you are trying to show us that you are... hmmm... Who in the end are you? Just found that you have deleted the assaulting comment under Rahdo video, but you know Quotes are there.

Have fun in finding all next threads about Pocket Mars, comment them... And maybe you will get some social skils, becouse this is... odd...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brettellmd wrote:
Matt_ wrote:

I wasn't offended. What I was trying to do was point out what I thought was an example of unconscious sexism.

The potato joke is funny because there would be very few potatoes on Mars, which we all know about after The Martian. You're trying to make the same joke about females, but that only works if you really do think that when we colonise Mars, all the colonists bar one would be male... which is clearly a fallacy. Sometimes even jokes don't work if there's no logic to them.

Like I said in my original post, I know these cartoons are intended as a joke. I'm confident you considered the sexism in a 'Miss Mars' magazine, and decided to run with it anyway, which you are certainly entitled to do. However, even if you don't care about the sexism per se, the risk of offending people could potentially lower your sales, so why do it?

Thanks about this comment. We don't want to offend people, but as well we don't want to be politically correct at all costs... we think that this was a pure joke, based on some newspapers layouts here on earth. Now please look on the other games - like fantasy ones - how do you comment that women has armors which uncover more than they cover?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iras wrote:
Now please look on the other games - like fantasy ones - how do you comment that women has armors which uncover more than they cover?

I think that it is stupid and unrealistic. But I assume that the producers of such games have decided that their biggest market is teenage males, and don't care if they lose sales to others. I understand why they are doing it, even if I don't agree with it.

Is your biggest market teenage males?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brettellmd wrote:
Iras wrote:
Now please look on the other games - like fantasy ones - how do you comment that women has armors which uncover more than they cover?

I think that it is stupid and unrealistic. But I assume that the producers of such games have decided that their biggest market is teenage males, and don't care if they lose sales to others. I understand why they are doing it, even if I don't agree with it.

Is your biggest market teenage males?

Thanks for getting back to us with your opinion.
every one is important for us.
And answering yours - we don't look at gender while designing or promoting our games - Whether a woman or a man, each player/customer has the same meaning for us, and we respect both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Iras wrote:

And answering yours - we don't look at gender while designing or promoting our games - Whether a woman or a man, each player/customer has the same meaning for us, and we respect both.

So, you "respect" women by making jokes about the Mars colonists being almost entirely male?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikey Boy wrote:
Iras wrote:

So, you "respect" women by making jokes about the Mars colonists being almost entirely male?

The definition of "joke" is making fun of something and yes here we are making jokes from men as well as from human kind.

This campaign is all about humor and distance to ourselfes - that's it.

We love humor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.