Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Pletz
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We ended our night, after a short break, with a game of Wildlife. Having played this five times prior, the set up was easy. Involved but nowhere near Axis and Allies prep times. It was a three player game with the eagles (Chris), the mastodons(Steve), and the snakes (myself). The game began slowly but picked up when I began to use the ever important free migration to close areas early. This pushed us to our first big scoring early where the mastodons were able to make significant points due to ability, food and modification advances. It was here also Steve's two herd strategy came into play. Simply put it is best to have more than one herd during a big scoring to increase your chances to gain points during the big score. This in combination wtih a late play from Chris where due to the intelligence ability was able to play numerous joker cards and swipe ability cards from both Steve and I, took me out of contention. This movement brought about alot of attack situations which slowed down every one's momentum.However Chris was not able to use this to advantage to overtake Steve. The game ended when Steve ran out of tiles. He put the "famine" card up for auction which I was the only person who could afford. I bought it and was able to drop the scores but not significantly for anything but for me to collect the most food points at the end. Why did Steve sell such an item? I think it was the trickster in him wanting to see what would happen.
This sort of action is indicative of Wildlife. While certainly abstract , Wldlife offers such a variety of choices that it is the combination of yours and those of other players which creates the interaction. Wildlife is a game which rewards the imagination of players within its specific framework. While lacking in the negotation deaprtment, this game really reminds me of Traders of Genoa. Within a rigid turn framework, this game never allows a turn to be the same as the last. Somehow that I am not specically sure, this game is sincerely fun. Each game is different, no player is ever out. It is just finding the right combination of actions in reaction to your opponents. Certainly intrigued to see where this one goes after it hits the dime.

scores:

eagles - 125
mastodons- 143
snakes - 100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.