Hide
6 Posts

Element» Forums » Sessions

Subject: My 2nd Eurika Element Move (Spoiler)! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deep Fish
msg tools
It took about 7 games for me to discover this. Whereas perhaps others discovered it much sooner? In the "earlier" part of the game when the board is more open, creating a destructive "blow-back" river is very fun and dangerous (for all players). So manipulating this feels like the table equivalent of that ouiji movement across a table.

Below I sent the River against the Green Sage and then "dammed" it up creating a wall which felt really clever discovering this tactic, by blocking one end with a wind stone then the other with an earth stone:

Since then, the tactic has been refined even more with optimal variants from this initial discovery, I can say with a lot of satisfaction!

In the above, of course the sage can easily escape but it was the discovery that was great and I am still discovering so much more about this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't block the river.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richie
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
The way he describes it yes it does. Individual Water stones might get pulled from strategic placement, but that long river is blocked in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but you can still play adjacent to it and move 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:

I think the main point was that the huge river line couldn't easily be returned to sender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deep Fish
msg tools
GamePlayer wrote:
ekted wrote:

I think the main point was that the huge river line couldn't easily be returned to sender.

Yes, exactly. I was pointing out the exact moment I realised I could "block" a river and cause the other Sage to expend stones to change the river back if they received the correct stones or wishes to use their turn that way - instead of the previous "tug of war". Since then I have block a river more truly as well as chopped a river into segments and even sent hence two rivers against a Sage and so forth!

There is sometimes that "Street Fighter II / Killer Instinct": C-C-C-c-ccc Ultraaa Cooombo!!! about Element moves!

River really does move fast whereas mountain ranges creep and build in strength through the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.