Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmb
Hi, after playing solo on Tabletopia I have a question about Clan MacKenzie.

In final scoring, every 10 money grants a victory point. Any whisky in the rightmost slot of the cellar will go to my stock in the production phase, and so grant me 15 money. What should I do with the whisky in slot 1 and 2 in the last production phase? Can I age it and then move it to my stock to get more money, or do I need to move it to my stock before production/aging, and get 7 money for any whisky currently in the second slot?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fotland89 wrote:
Hi, after playing solo on Tabletopia I have a question about Clan MacKenzie.

In final scoring, every 10 money grants a victory point. Any whisky in the rightmost slot of the cellar will go to my stock in the production phase, and so grant me 15 money. What should I do with the whisky in slot 1 and 2 in the last production phase? Can I age it and then move it to my stock to get more money, or do I need to move it to my stock before production/aging, and get 7 money for any whisky currently in the second slot?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You get 7 money for the one in the second slot, but you don't get anything for the first one. Whisky doesn't age for free at the end of the game, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply!

So in before the very last production phase Clan MacKenzie takes all barrels out of the cellar rather than aging it any further. Getting a maximum of 22 money if there's already a barrel in both the second and third slot. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks again. I will try solo again tomorrow, and hopefully play it many more times and already be an expert when the game comes out in October meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fotland89 wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply!

So in the very last production phase Clan MacKenzie takes all barrels out of the cellar rather than aging it any further. Getting a maximum of 22 money if there's already a barrel in both the second and third slot. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks again. I will try solo again tomorrow, and hopefully play it many more times and already be an expert when the game comes out in October meeple

Yes, what you wrote is correct as far as I know. You would then want to use them for contracts if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
So in before the very last production phase Clan MacKenzie takes all barrels out of the cellar rather than aging it any further.

The barrels that are already in the cellar before the production phase of the last round will still age like in the rounds before.

However, the barrel you put into the cellar in the last round, won't have time to age anymore.

Thus, you can get a maximum of 15+7=22 cash from the aged whisky in the last round.

Is it clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmb
[q="Innovatormentor"]
Quote:

The barrels that are already in the cellar before the production phase of the last round will still age like in the rounds before.

However, the barrel you put into the cellar in the last round, won't have time to age anymore.

Thus, you can get a maximum of 15+7=22 cash from the aged whisky in the last round.

Is it clear?

I'm sorry this confuses of a little. If I age whisky in the last production phase, and then move it to my stock, that should mean I can get the 15 cash for the rightmost spot twice, no?

So in this example I have 3 barrels in my cellar before the last production phase. I also produce 4 whisky.
1. During the last production my whisky in the cellar ages, and all three barrels are moved to the right.
2. The whisky previously in the rightmost space is now immediately moved to my stock. This gives me 15 cash.
3. The whisky previously in slot one and two is now moved to slot two and three (valued 7 and 15).
4. One of the freshly produced whisky barrels goes into slot one, and my cellar is full again.
5. After the last production, before last scoring phase, I move all three barrels to my stock, and receive 22 cash (7+15). In addition to the barrel I already moved to my stock in the production phase, I've now received 37 cash. (15+7+15)

6. However, because I choose to age one last time, I am not able to use the barrels to fulfill any contracts, as the last action phase is over.

Is this correct, or where am I wrong?
Thank you for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
5. and 6. is correct. I was imprecise earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you move the barrels from the cellar back to your supply at any time, or is this allowed only during production and only the last barrel that would otherwise fall off?

Basically could you, during a normal turn in a given round, pull the $7 or the $15 barrel off the cellar just to get some money to pay for what you want to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Basically could you, during a normal turn in a given round, pull the $7 or the $15 barrel off the cellar just to get some money to pay for what you want to do?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Parsons
United States
California
flag msg tools
Can Clan MacKenzie buy a Whiskey & then add it to their cellar (or likewise if they start the game with a Whiskey as part of the starting tile allocations can this be placed into their cellar?) Thanks & awesome game, we have been loving it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Emmdizzle24 wrote:
Can Clan MacKenzie buy a Whiskey & then add it to their cellar (or likewise if they start the game with a Whiskey as part of the starting tile allocations can this be placed into their cellar?) Thanks & awesome game, we have been loving it!

yes and yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No and yes, as the Clan can only put Whisky in their Cellar they have produced themselves.
The stuff bought on the market is just not worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emmdizzle24 wrote:

I'd even say no and no.

The rules say, you can only put whiskey into storage, that you just produced.
No bought whiskey and no starting whiskey (where ever that came from?) either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
No and No is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
mb
I am pretty sure I've got the rules right on MacKenzie clan with just one question though: Are you limited to just one barrel in each slot in the cellar? (ie. If I produce 3 barrels I get an automatic 9 pounds. On the next round do all three barrels move to the 7 pouns slot, or just one?)
Thank you for your response, as I am probably teaching the game tonight.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
1 barrel per slot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovatormentor wrote:
Quote:

Yes.

If it can be pulled out anytime, why would you ever not do that when it reaches the $17 spot? There's no benefit to leaving it in the last spot in the cellar that I can see.

Since it would make no sense to have that last spot otherwise, we figured it couldn't be taken out except during production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.