Subject: A few more solo questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vaggelis Vernadakis
Greece
Sitia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although i suspect I can imagine the answer for the following questions, here goes:
1. When end game is triggered, the end game rules from the base game are also applied in the solo variant?
2. What does le roy do if he uses all his dice and i still have dice to use?
3. When le roy has to place a worker and uses for example a 5 red die, he gets to place the worker in the place 5 of the palace or he tries to expel one of the players workers from palace (even from another place of the palace)? And if he cannot expel any of the player's workers does he do the action and uses his die or he doesn' t proceed as this action would be "against" him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael
msg tools
badge
1. Absolutely. You also apply the score of all the remaining character cards.

2. He passes, but of course he gains no money for that. You may keep taking turns until you have no more dice to use.

3. For this one I am not so sure, but what I do is determine the placement according to his highest die's color, then choose the best placement for his meeple. The rules doesn't say to use the die's number to determine the place, just its color.
The best placement for his meeple is:
- A place that expels one of yours.
- If that isn't possible, then a place that moves one of your meeples closer to being expelled (It's ok if that causes one of his meeples to be expelled, as his meeple count in the building will remain the same but your meeple will be in a worse position).
- If that isn't poessible, then LeRoy already has all the spots in this building so I just place the new meeple in one of the occupied spots and expel his meeple (or just place the new meeple directly as an expelled one as its the same result). It is important to not just skip this action because him having an expelled meeple means you can't place one of your meeples in that building until the end of the round - so it also benefits him.
There's no escaping this bastard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaggelis Vernadakis
Greece
Sitia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only about the second answer I am not so sure. I think, but I am not sure, that I read somewhere that he can buy one of your dice but I don't know if it applies for this case. Anyway, thank you again for your answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael
msg tools
badge
Yes I see how the second question is still confusing.

If LeRoy gets a value of 2/3/11/12, then he should pay 2 or 3 of his dice but one of these dice should be bought from the player.
That's the case where he uses your dice.
So it seems that if he's left out of dice, you should still roll for him to see if he gets 2/3/11/12, since the rules state he can take a turn using only part of the cost if he doesn't have all the required dice (He only buys one of your dice and takes a turn without supplying dice of his own).
There's even more - if he rolls 8, he plays his turn without paying any dice. So it seems for the values of 2/3/8/11/12 - he can take an additional turn.

However, the rules also state: "LeRoy continues taking turns until all of his dice have been used."
So, him having dice is mandatory for his turn to even begin. And he may do any of the actions mentioned above only if he's actually taking his turn - which he isn't allowed to if he has no dice at the beginning of his turn.

So - if he's out of dice at the beginning of his turn, he must pass.

And besides, LeRoy is evil! Don't give him what he doesn't deserve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.