Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner finds the text on this card ambiguous and I can see his point:

"Issue an order to one leader in any section. The leader and units in up to 3 adjacent, linked, contiguous hexes to the leader are ordered. When leader is attached to a unit, so long as the leader remains with the unit, that unit is also ordered. A leader of honor (portrait of leader on block) has a command of up to 4 hexes."

Is it like in CCA where all the ordered units have to be adjacent to at least one other ordered unit forming a chain back to the ordered leader?

Or is it saying you can order up to three units within three hexes of the ordered leader? Sort of like forming that 3 hex chain but you don't have to have a unit in every hex of the chain.

I'm thinking it's the former based on how other C+C games work, but the wording here isn't air-tight. I couldn't find anything on the CC fansite FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure think the former is what is intended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe a chain of adjacent units, starting from the leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
I believe a chain of adjacent units, starting from the leader.

Mark is correct.

For the leader's hex, he can be ordered by himself (detached) and not the unit OR move with the ordered unit. Please say if this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
My partner finds the text on this card ambiguous and I can see his point:

This: [q="sushidog"]The leader and units in up to 3 adjacent, linked, contiguous hexes to the leader are ordered.

is exactly what this:
sushidog wrote:
all the ordered units have to be adjacent to at least one other ordered unit forming a chain back to the ordered leader"

means, exact the former is in more precise and concise language. Assuming one is a native English speaker, there is nothing ambiguous about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.