Subject: Invented Robonauts in Interstellar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are Invented Robonauts that can acquire any specialization except yellow.
I would restrict Invented Robonauts also from Domestic operations because:
- Robonauts cannot self-promote
- Marriage is restricted for promoted Robots (promoted, Purple policy) so why is it unrestricted for Robonauts?
- Robots are sterile so why Robonauts can give birth to humans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
Sure Robonauts can give birth! Nanotechnology is pretty amazing, and between that an some biotechnology, I can see a Robonaut with a domestic disc as "Growth Vats."

As a matter of fact, it was the only thing that kept my last Starship going for a couple of decades....

Yes, Self-promotion and marriage are restricted, which makes it a very specialized job, but that balances it somewhat (IMO, of course). You go through all that trouble to Invent the robonaut to do one task, but leave it open to all the problems having a domestic disc gives you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CthulhuKid wrote:
Sure Robonauts can give birth! Nanotechnology is pretty amazing, and between that an some biotechnology, I can see a Robonaut with a domestic disc as "Growth Vats."

Isn't it the same as Biotech, allowed for Robonauts nevertheless? I know it is less useful in a non-Beehive starship but you are still able to settle a colony with that Robonaut and score points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
If I remember right, Biotechnicians can only make humans for colony purposes, while domestics can make them on the ship to help work before you make it to the colony.

It would seem to me they're relatively the same task, just split between two groups. Of course, maybe Biotech can only make humans at a colony because they need the new planet for organics, etc, which would make the domestic robot an impossibility. But you have to discard a card out of the graveyard to give birth anyway, so that's getting rid of organics, too.

I dunno. I don't think it kills the reality too much for me, and the game's hard enough without limiting actions further.

My opinion, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was concerned by the rule inconsistency with the "sterile" rules on Robots and "robotic marriage for promoted and purple" which contrast with Robonauts. I just need a resolution of this from Andrew Doull or Phil and perhaps some clarification in the 4th ed Rulebook whatever the answer will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.