Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: coax_me [+] [View All]
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in this game. I could wait on it. But should I get it now because of the publisher changing their production methods?

I know there is a new version coming. Should I wait? What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
China
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have played this version several times and it is one of the best SOS games out there.

Are you sure a new version is coming? Are you sure is it going to appear soon?

I think the new version has been developing for a long time and nobody knows for sure when is it going to appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Working on the new version, TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR DIXIE, I can tell you this: the project is stalled waiting for the designer to make some changes. I met with him on Saturday and we discussed this. This new edition of the game is about 90% ready for testing, but the change the designer wants to make now is pretty significant, so we wait...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

Working on the new version, TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR DIXIE, I can tell you this: the project is stalled waiting for the designer to make some changes. I met with him on Saturday and we discussed this. This new edition of the game is about 90% ready for testing, but the change the designer wants to make now is pretty significant, so we wait...

Alan Emrich

Thank you Alan. Now, if I wait on buying the current version will it be available after you change your print on demand distribution? (I read somewhere that you are moving your printing over seas.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will stop printing on demand in a few weeks. We're trying to build up a little extra inventory, but who knows how long things will last before they sell out?

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
We will stop printing on demand in a few weeks. We're trying to build up a little extra inventory, but who knows how long things will last before they sell out?

Alan Emrich

So does that mean that many of your print on demand games will go OOP when they run out of stock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
So does that mean that many of your print on demand games will go OOP when they run out of stock?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Some we will re-jigger for overseas printing and put them out again later. Most, not.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Some we will re-jigger for overseas printing and put them out again later. Most, not.

Alan Emrich

I'm sorry for the 20 questions (and this may have been asked before) but is there a list of what will go OOP and what won't?

(I totally understand if you don't know, or don't want to say, or don't want to commit to anything. I just recently learned about some of your games and my interest is peeked.)

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
(I totally understand if you don't know, or don't want to say, or don't want to commit to anything. I just recently learned about some of your games and my interest is peeked.)

All of the above; much of this is being decided on a game-selling-out-by-game-selling-out basis. Our best-sellers are a lock, our worst-sellers we are letting go for sure, but there are a lot in the middle that we really have to think about. I bet you could have guessed that, though!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.