Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
4 short clips from the Young Turks, Aggressive Progressives show.

All are 4.5 to 8.5 min. long and explain why we have to take back control of the Democratic Party from the corporatist sellouts that control it now. If this isn't done Trump will win again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtCgRbQPjU&list=PLTpcK80ird...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xgBXPdVdvc&index=24&list=PL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxDqqFf1ZHw&index=26&list=PL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnYrlHEl4M&index=43&list=PL...

American workers are fed up with the way things have gone for the last 25 years. They are not going to come out and vote in mass until the Dems really are willing to fight for American workers again. So long as the Dem Party is just the socially liberal wing of the Capitalist Party [and the Repubs are the socially reactionary wing of the same Capitalist Party] American workers are not going to support Dems. Why should they? Many of them are not that socially liberal.

The Justice Democrats are a starting place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 3 short clips from YoungTurks, Agressive Progressives show.
My personal outsider opinion:

The problem isn't Republicans or Democrats, the problem is the two-party system that inevitably leads to us-versus-them situations, ideological battles, and stalemates.

Unfortunately, once a two-party system is in place, it is very hard to break it and it might take years or even decades. But planting the seed in people's minds is the first step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a nominal two party system. Both parties are controlled by corporate interests. The US needs another Teddy Roosevelt to deal with that issue head on.

Also single-payer with cost controls is the only way that is not a slush fund for medical and pharmaceutical corporate interests or a tax cut for the rich that leaves everyone else out to dry. Single payer with cost control is the only way that makes economic sense to get the most out of tax dollars. This should not be a progressive issue; it should be a conservative issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
…The problem with the op is the notion that the democrats aren't liberal enough.

The problem with democrats and with republicans is that they are bought and paid for by corporate interests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
My personal outsider opinion:

The problem isn't Republicans or Democrats, the problem is the two-party system that inevitably leads to us-versus-them situations, ideological battles, and stalemates.

Unfortunately, once a two-party system is in place, it is very hard to break it and it might take years or even decades. But planting the seed in people's minds is the first step.

It would actually be easier to reform the Democrats, monumental task though that is, than ditch the two-party system.

I don't think it will happen in my lifetime. If Trump had lost in a landslide (which he would have against anyone but Clinton), there was a SLIGHT chance of Libertarian-leaning Republicans or moderate Republicans leaving and forming a centrist party. Now, meh, don't see it happening in my lifetime because I doubt we'll see anything like the 2016 choice again. But I guess we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
A political system shaped and formed by an underlying dishonest and destructive monetary system will always be malignant. While new politicians may make things less terrible for some people, they will not be able to save us from the capitalist doomsday machine upon which the whole system rests. Far more people will suffer and die during an ineffective incrementalism unless we demand truly radical change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
A political system shaped and formed by an underlying dishonest and destructive monetary system will always be malignant. While new politicians may make things less terrible for some people, they will not be able to save us from the capitalist doomsday machine upon which the whole system rests. Far more people will suffer and die during an ineffective incrementalism unless we demand truly radical change.

To what? How?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
There are probably hundreds of political parties throughout the 50 states and territories.

Maybe a half dozen draw measurable votes nationally. Others are regionally significant. Most are minor, but influence the debate.

A third party rises and a major party incorporates their issues into its platform. In and of itself I don't think that is a problem. . Many of those parties field members who run as a dem or Repub. Minor parties do have influence proportional to their size

The problem with the op is the notion that the democrats aren't liberal enough.

Edit. Dems are no longer a major party in the US. They are a regional party. They control 5 states, I think. They are minorities at the national level.

Their leadership at the national level is failing them. Republicans limit their leadership. After a few years their leaders can no longer hold chairmanships, for example. I think dems should follow suit for the benefit of the party. As is, they have entrenched leadership that is committed to the old paradigms. And those paradigms are centered on 60s radicalism.

It's posts like this that make me feel as if multi-verse theories are true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.