Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone in the UK received their Myth: Journeyman pledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone in the UK received their Myth: Journeyman pledge?

Myself and a friend both Kickstarted Journeyman and neither of us has received any of our pledge. From reading the updates and BGG threads, it appears some people have received part or all of their pledge.

Has the UK not been shipped, has shipping been partial, or has no one received their pledge yet?

I've sent the Myth team a message via Kickstarter, but heard nothing so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You should have received the base 2.0 upgrade pack with a few pack of cards nd rulebook.
Then you had a choice to pay for optional shipping of Kanis and Blackwall expansion boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
You should have received the base 2.0 upgrade pack with a few pack of cards nd rulebook.
Then you had a choice to pay for optional shipping of Kanis and Blackwall expansion boxes.

I've received nothing so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:

I'm still missing my extra pledges. Paid for the extra postage.

veemonroe wrote:

I've sent the Myth team a message via Kickstarter, but heard nothing so far.

MCG claim to be under an 'NDA' so they haven't been answering anything, via emails, on Kickstarter, or on their own Community forums, for months now. They've mostly been silent since the Dark Frontier KS tanked in January. Their other Kickstarters are also filling up with angry comments about people who have not had their stuff also.

Whether the NDA exists or not, it's providing an excuse for them to hide and tell us nothing. They are providing exactly the service they want. i.e. none at all. Even in the unlikely event that the MDA is true, this is a disgusting way to treat backers. An NDA shouldn't have any impact at all on delivery of existing products like JeffG's booklet or our extra minion pledges.

Nobody knows if we will ever get our outstanding base games or stretch goals or add-ons. We won't know anything until they deign to tell us anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you already paid the shipping for Wave 2 through the pledgemanager, you should have gotten an email invoice from Brian's paypal account. If you paid it, you should have gotten your expansion boxes and any added sleeves. You may have missed the shipping charge email by mistaking it for spam (or perhaps it went to your spam folder).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game and both expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Unless you already paid the shipping for Wave 2 through the pledgemanager, you should have gotten an email invoice from Brian's paypal account. If you paid it, you should have gotten your expansion boxes and any added sleeves. You may have missed the shipping charge email by mistaking it for spam (or perhaps it went to your spam folder).

No, I paid the Paypal invoice specifically. Have a receipt and everything.

Still no minion pledges, which is especially galling for Skipp/Barry, my piggybacker, as he has got precisely zero so far.

Meanwhile, MCG have chosen to go completely silent. There's no reason why an NDA, if it exists, should affect fulfilment of the base minion pledges.

There are plenty of others on the KS pages and even the MCG forums asking where their stuff is. A guy named JeffG posts every Monday and his tone is growing more despairing each week.

Even if you're a huge fan of MCG, I fail to see how it helps the game if people are not getting the stuff they paid for. Their refusal to acknowledge these issues or to reply to emails or forum posts is destroying what little credibility they have left.

This isn't just a Myth thing either. Backers on Recon are still complaining they did not get Blood Contagion or their doors. Backers on Banner Saga didn't get some of their stuff. They refuse to answer anyone or provide assurances to any of the backers. Even if there is an NDA, wouldn't any party involved in this feel this is damaging the entire brand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hebart-Coleman
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not in the UK, but Austria (sometimes ) and I have received the Journeyman Expansion boxes. I did pay for the extra shipping on these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules /card updates (wave 1) and box expansions (wave 2) here. I paid for the extra shipping in the Pledge Manager. I already have the base game (and a lot of extras from the first KS), so I didn't try to pledge for that this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSgt Keats
msg tools
They actually answered me on Facebook messenger to claim they could ship my JM pledge then had me pay shipping and promptly went back to not shipping me anything, so there's that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TSgtKeats wrote:
They actually answered me on Facebook messenger to claim they could ship my JM pledge then had me pay shipping and promptly went back to not shipping me anything, so there's that...

More or less what's happened to me.

I also have a piggyback backer who has yet to receive anything. I am owed two more minion pledges, and so is Skipp/Barry. My Kanis/Blackstone booklets are all printed wrongly, but he hasn't had anything at all.

I feel so bad I might just send him mine if MCG never get back to us, because I certainly won't play anything until I know I am getting the stretch goals, and the add-ons I paid for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:

I feel so bad I might just send him mine if MCG never get back to us, because I certainly won't play anything until I know I am getting the stretch goals, and the add-ons I paid for.

Why did you rate the journeyman content at 1/10 on BGG if you haven't played it yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zogre wrote:

Why did you rate the journeyman content at 1/10 on BGG if you haven't played it yet?

Because it wouldn't let me rate it as zero?

Seriously? Bitter frustration at MCG's horrible business practises and contempt for their backers. Also as a counter-balance to everyone who voted it 10 without playing it and never revisted their score.

If and when I get my stuff, I'll re-rate it and review it fairly.

Until then, consider it my mark out of ten for MCG, not their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Kanis and Blackwall, but not the sleeves (despite them being on the delivery inventory). Nothing since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't received anything.

Endevor said he'd look into it for us, but I don't know if he's discovered anything that we don't know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Off (but on) Topic. I purchased the two expansions a couple of days ago and I got an email saying they are on their way. Even though I dont want them, the email says that they are being shipped with the plastic card sleeves for everything.

If anybody in the UK wants the sleeves, let me know (first come, first grabbed) and I will happy put them in the post when they arrive. I dont like the plastic sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got an update ups that my journey man twin pack is now clearing customs at Coventry. So just 5 to 10 days for them to check the boxes for bombs, drugs and immigrants then it should be in my hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just received Kanis and Blackwall.

No 2.0 stuff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
veemonroe wrote:

No 2.0 stuff...

No 2.0 upgrade pack for the base game, or are you saying the Kanis and Blackwall boxes are all in 1.0 format (monster cards etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
veemonroe wrote:

No 2.0 stuff...

No 2.0 upgrade pack for the base game, or are you saying the Kanis and Blackwall boxes are all in 1.0 format (monster cards etc)?

No 2.0 upgrade pack for the base game. I've never received it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not received my extra Minion pledges. Sent over a dozen emails about it now. So my piggybacker, Skipp has precisely nothing. Also had the last of my Conan pledge through yesterday.

Quite why the 'buyout or NDA' woukld affect the sending out of existing products I don't know. I can only assume they've run out or don't care. Even a reply would be acceptable at this rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
Just got an update ups that my journey man twin pack is now clearing customs at Coventry. So just 5 to 10 days for them to check the boxes for bombs, drugs and immigrants then it should be in my hands.

BANG!!! Just got an update. Its status has changed to "Processed Through Facility", which according to UPS means that "The item is currently in transit to the destination" - i.e, ME!!!!!

Does a happy little dance jig thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
jaffab wrote:

BANG!!! Just got an update. Its status has changed to "Processed Through Facility", which according to UPS means that "The item is currently in transit to the destination" - i.e, ME!!!!!

Does a happy little dance jig thing!

I don't suppose you'd be willing to give your copy to Marcus so he will stop complaining?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have every right to keep posting that I've received nothing.

It's not just me, I have a piggy-backer who has received nothing also, and I promised him I wouldn't let this go.

MCG can rectify this any time they choose. It's bizarre that if they really are trying to sell the business, that they are happy to let their own forums and KS pages fill up with disgruntled customers.

I understand to some degree why the most zealous fans forgive MCG, that's KS for you, but the apparent pleasure some apologists get over backers not getting the stuff they paid for constantly amazes me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
I have every right to keep posting that I've received nothing.

It's not just me, I have a piggy-backer who has received nothing also, and I promised him I wouldn't let this go.

MCG can rectify this any time they choose. It's bizarre that if they really are trying to sell the business, that they are happy to let their own forums and KS pages fill up with disgruntled customers.

I understand to some degree why the most zealous fans forgive MCG, that's KS for you, but the apparent pleasure some apologists get over backers not getting the stuff they paid for constantly amazes me.

Of course I want my stuff. Outside of Trickster-level Duncan from KS1, there honestly probably aren't too many people that have invested as much into Myth as I have - I have just shy of $1500 into Myth between 1.0 and JM. You're damn right I want to get what I've paid for.

I just don't really see a point in complaining multiple times regarding a topic we have no real control over right now on a forum that MCG doesn't even participate in. Clearly you see a point in it.

I'm hardly a zealous apologist. Shotton and Co have pretty much the worst PR/customer service that I've ever seen in any industry - they literally shoot themselves in the foot every chance they get. I'm excited for the IP to be purchased, because honestly, the PR/customer service can't really get any worse than it already is. The only way to go is up.

That being said, I think they have designed an absolutely brilliant game that I very very much enjoy playing with my friends. In fact there are two other guys in my game group that also own Myth and have each invested several hundred dollars in both campaigns.

For the time being, we have five fully complete official Modules (Shores, Blackwall, Fireborne, Revenant, Stone of Life), plus a stupid number of official quests, and technically all of the base game Stories. So we're okay waiting until the rest of the stuff arrives. We have more than enough right now to last us until probably Myth: Master (theoretically) arrives on KS.

I'm sorry you and your piggybacker don't have your copies of the expansion yet. You're missing out. But making the same complaint 10x a day on here isn't going to get them to you any faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.