Argentina
San Nicolás de los Arroyos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes names of game expansions change from one to another and back to the first many times, according to different opinions related to how we should name games.

For example now we have used in Arkham Horror LCG 3 different templates of names, and many of them have changed back and forth:

Quote:
Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Blood on the Altar – Mythos Pack
Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Lost in Time and Space: Mythos Pack
Arkham Horror: The Card Game – The Miskatonic Museum

(all of them are Mythos packs)

I believe that for this, it could be helpful to have a field in the main game where it could be established a "standard name template" for expansions, and this should be suggested (not mandatory) when you are adding an expansion for that game.

Also, for establishing for the first time or changing this field, I believe there should be first an agreement through a post in the main game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some non-exhaustive guidelines in

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Naming_Conventions#

In the AH examples, I believe the format should be

"Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Blood on the Altar Mythos Pack"

Ordinarily the format would be

[game name]: [expansion name] [expansion type]

but in this case, since there's a colon in the game name, the colon between game and expansion is turned into a dash. The type ("Promo Card", "Lieutenant Pack" etc.) is appended with no punctuation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martín Borda
Argentina
San Nicolás de los Arroyos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also according to the conventions and your considerations, we could consider "Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Blood on the Altar" as a main heading, and "Mythos Pack" as a sub heading.

Which also makes me consider in this case

"Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Blood on the Altar: Mythos Pack"

as a most suitable name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.