Subject: Instants and Reveal effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Are all these statements true? I am talking only base game.

1) Instants can be played either in response to Reveal effects, or during combat.

2) In response to a reveal effect, during that game phase (Reveal effects), you can only play cards that specifically say you can play them during this phase.

3) Some Instant cards have this language and some do not.

4) Some Instant cards that you can play 'in response to reveal effects will actually undo or prevent the reveal effect from happening (they 'happen' before the reveal effect and prevent or lessen it). And some only mitigate the damage (in which case I do not understand what the heck is the difference between playing them during the "reveal effects" phase or the "combat" phase ... they have the same result either way).

(I do not have the game in front of me, so I can't give specific examples)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only cards or effects that say they can be used in response can be. Not all instants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Master5willows wrote:
Only cards or effects that say they can be used in response can be. Not all instants.

You can play by the dreadmire rules. In this case all instants and abilities can be played during the reveal phase.

Check this nice litte document for rules you can apply from dreadmire to onslaught as they are an improvement and are suggested by the designers :

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135949/updated-rules-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.