Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
hello,
in 9.3, a point is confusing me.
When an INF unit assault an AFV, it seems that we take his FF valor in the Combat Strenght Table (4 if he has no hits), then roll 2d6 in the Combat Chart, then apply result with a "2" as divisor, and it's all. There is no mention to the FF valor of assaulted AFV (only during his facultative defensive fire, but not after, to resolve the assault). This is a difference with a HtH assault between INF units where we use the Odds Table and take in consideration the valor of assaulted units.
For me, it's clear.
But, if it's right, why in the example attached (3 french units assaulting 2 Pz38) do you refer to the Pz38 FF valor 12 (from the Combat Strength Table) against 8 for the french INF ??? Is it only about the defensive fire of Pz38 before assault ? (but text is ambiguous because it seems to explain how assault is resolved, 8 against 12).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
Hi Jean

hello,
in 9.3, a point is confusing me.
When an INF unit assault an AFV, it seems that we take his FF valor in the Combat Strenght Table (4 if he has no hits), then roll 2d6 in the Combat Chart, then apply result with a "2" as divisor, and it's all. There is no mention to the FF valor of assaulted AFV (only during his facultative defensive fire, but not after, to resolve the assault). This is a difference with a HtH assault between INF units where we use the Odds Table and take in consideration the valor of assaulted units.
For me, it's clear.

OK

But, if it's right, why in the example attached (3 french units assaulting 2 Pz38) do you refer to the Pz38 FF valor 12 (from the Combat Strength Table) against 8 for the french INF ??? Is it only about the defensive fire of Pz38 before assault ? Yes if, after the defense,there are no casualties for the french troops these troops attack with 8FF or less if have received some impact
(but text is ambiguous because it seems to explain how assault is resolved, 8 against 12).

Regards

JCC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
JC,
thanks.
Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...actually do the three French infantry units, with no hits or losses before, have a total strength of 12 (3 units x 4 on Combat Strength Chart) instead of 8? Is it a typo or am I missing something?

Rule 9.3 is very confusing with regard to infantry performing anti-armor assault in the face of AFV armor assault. It doesn't mention like in 9.2 that, similar to assaulting armor unit's FF, the infantry unit's Fire Factor depends on the no. of hits (losses) on the Combat Strength Chart, and doesn't depend on AP rating on the infantry unit. The assault is then resolved on the Combat Chart, not the Hand-to-Hand Combat Chart.

The term FF is confusing as it is used both during offensive fire, defensive fire as well as assault. The term Combat Strength is interchangeable with FF. And that the Hand-to-Hand Combat Chart is used only between infantry melee, not used in armor or anti-armor assault, which is resolved on the normal Combat Chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.