8 Posts

In the Year of the Dragon» Forums » General

Subject: new version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, unbelievably, I have been trying to find a copy of this game for years, one came up in our local gaming group the other day, at first I thought it was too expensive for a 2nd hand copy, but I have waited so long, I went ahead and bought it. I got home the same evening and within 1hr I received a message saying they are releasing a 10yr anniversary edition next week for £10 cheaper than I just payed for my second hand copy. just my luck. Anyway, my main question is, does anyone know if there will be any differences between the 2 copies? thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Eine wunderbare Heiterkeit hat meine ganze Seele eingenommen, gleich den süßen Frühlingsmorgen, die ich mit ganzem Herzen genieße. Ich bin allein und freue mich meines Lebens in dieser Gegend, die für solche Seelen geschaffen ist wie die meine.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's some bad luck

The new edition contains two mini expansions (The Wall and Super(?) Events). Those have been published before but separately.

Edit: Here it is: "In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary consists of the In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary base game and the The Great Wall of China & The Super Events expansions that first appeared in the alea Treasure Chest."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
There are also some gameplay changes; you can look for the threads in the forum for the game for details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
also see

Reprint, finally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Eine wunderbare Heiterkeit hat meine ganze Seele eingenommen, gleich den süßen Frühlingsmorgen, die ich mit ganzem Herzen genieße. Ich bin allein und freue mich meines Lebens in dieser Gegend, die für solche Seelen geschaffen ist wie die meine.
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
There are also some gameplay changes; you can look for the threads in the forum for the game for details.

Oh yes. Worst change: no player aids! Had to print out the ones from BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine at the bgg.con auction literally the day before the announcement.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of 10th anniversary edition few days ago. My grail game!

Also, I was surprised and amazed they retained the old number in alea Big Box series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
dukelander wrote:
Also, I was surprised and amazed they retained the old number in alea Big Box series.

Some people will buy the game JUST for that... completionists are a funny sort
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.