Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Temple
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on playing my first attempt at the Imperial Post solo scenario this evening, but I don't understand this objective:

In Era 4, you must have a range of 4 - i.e. you must build and activate the stables.

As I see it, Since I start with range of 1, I can only get a max of 3 range: 1 range to start, +1 for envoy, and +1 for stables. Or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can build two stables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_templar wrote:
I'm planning on playing my first attempt at the Imperial Post solo scenario this evening, but I don't understand this objective:

In Era 4, you must have a range of 4 - i.e. you must build and activate the stables.

As I see it, Since I start with range of 1, I can only get a max of 3 range: 1 range to start, +1 for envoy, and +1 for stables. Or am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure you start the game with a range of 3, not 1. If you build the stables you get +1 range, giving you a range of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VinegarBob wrote:
I'm pretty sure you start the game with a range of 3, not 1. If you build the stables you get +1 range, giving you a range of 4.

How do you mean you start with range 3? I do not understand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if it also includes the Level II Envoy ability. There was an FAQ stating that Level II (pay fee for +1 range) + Level III (always +1 range) are stackable, increasing your range to 3 if you pay the fee (for the half year).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the scenario says something, you start with a range of 1 (the distance you can move between action spaces, not the # of actions you get).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Temple
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:

According to the rulebook, stables can only be built once (it has a 1x notation on the tile). Also, I did not see anything in the scenario setup that allows me to break this rule. But I thought you were onto something there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galfridus wrote:
Unless the scenario says something, you start with a range of 1 (the distance you can move between action spaces, not the # of actions you get).

Range does not equate to "number of moves"! (Rulebook, page 8)

My bad.

Although it does mention in the rulebook, on that same page, that it is possible to increase your steward's range up to 4. I don't think you're allowed to have more than 1 Stables though; it has a 1x symbol on the tile.

So I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting range = 1
Envoy level II = +1
Envoy level III = +1
Stables = +1

Note that you don't pay the fee any longer once you build and activate the customs office (required from the end of era II onwards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:

This guy is wrong. He was probably thinking about the boarding house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Temple
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand now - building the customs office removes the fee, which effectively makes envoy level II a permanent upgrade, since I'll never have to pay the fee to activate it anymore.

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
red_templar wrote:
I think I understand now - building the customs office removes the fee, which effectively makes envoy level II a permanent upgrade, since I'll never have to pay the fee to activate it anymore.

Thanks!!!

Exactly!

I'd be happy to know how your playthrough went.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want the world; I just want your half.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, I was also curious about this having just finished Era 1 last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.