Subject: Rules question - Is that Orange placement legal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools

Hi all,

I am eagerly awaiting my copy of Tramways (I got it with the expansion Kickstarter, but kind of wish I had just backed the maps and ordered the game straight from Alban, as I REALLY want to play it!).

Anyway!

Question:

According the rules uploaded here on page 6 it states when building rails:

"You are not allowed to:

> Build a rail tile that connects a parcel space you do not own".

I am pretty sure the Heavy Cardboard guys would have got this right but wanted to triple check.

Basically, is the circled orange route legal? I get that the building becomes one building effectively, but the orange player has directly built a connection to the purple's parcel.

Once you upgrade to a building, do you lose ownership? Or in that scenario do they both own both tiles because they are next to each other?

If they both own both tiles, could 1 player feasibly upgrade the buildings there?

TLDR, was the orange build illegal, or is there something in the rules that states once the building becomes joint, every player can build from every side of it? If that is the case, could any player that has vested interest in the lot also upgrade each individual section of the building if the ownership is joint?

Thanks all and if this isn't clear I'll try to word it better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, that's legal.

It's no longer a parcel once a building is placed on it. The only real reason you keep your marker on that building is to remind yourself that you are the person who has the right to upgrade it...no one really "owns" that building...so anyone can connect to it.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Brodie17 wrote:
Ya, that's legal.

It's no longer a parcel once a building is placed on it. The only real reason you keep your marker on that building is to remind yourself that you are the person who has the right to upgrade it...no one really "owns" that building...so anyone can connect to it.

Hope that helps!

Pretty much clears it up.

Thanks. That wasn't 100% clear in the rulebook.

So upgrading to a building is kind of dangerous then as other people can start connecting from your lots. Eesh .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
…but that's what puts passengers on it, ready to ride the tramways! Lovely trade-off, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I find the timing of puting buildings in my parcels one of the most important strategic decisions in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.