Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this might be helpful:

Any way to displace a knight without a road?
Rules Problems - Please stop us fighting!!

Pete (thinks you should probably post your question in that forum anyway, because there are a ton of Catan haters here in general gaming!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be more useful to have this thread moved to the game's rules forum instead of starting another one there. To help make that happen, click the red X to the left of the thread title and click 'Wrong Forum'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
It would be more useful to have this thread moved to the game's rules forum instead of starting another one there. To help make that happen, click the red X to the left of the thread title and click 'Wrong Forum'.
Yeah, I did that already, but was hoping after it was moved not to have the "hey you should move this" post on the thread!

Pete (supposes it's ok either way though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Yeah, I did that already, but was hoping after it was moved not to have the "hey you should move this" post on the thread!

Pete (supposes it's ok either way though)

The idea that people are so sensitive they can't be told a thread might more appropriately be posted elsewhere seems silly to me. We're grown ups, right? And the forum structure here is rather complex.

Nobody is suggesting the O.P. did something bad, it's simply a tip on how to use the site more effectively. There are a lot of users who have no idea that the option to flag a thread for relocation even exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
salemm wrote:
Hi everyone, I need help settling a dispute over displacing knights in the Cities and Knights version of Catan. If I want to displace an opponents knight from a common intersection with one of my own activated knights, does my knight have to have come from the same stretch of road as the intersection I am displacing or can it have come from a totally separate stretch of road on another part of the board?

The rules say "move an activated knight..." and does not say it has to be from the same road but my friend thinks it does because of the "moving a knight" rule where you can move you own knight to another part on the same road.

My argument is that you take the explanation from "displacing knights" totally separate to the explanation above on "moving a knight".

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nedarb Noslein
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi There,

The answer is the knight doing the displacement MUST be on the road that is connected to the opponent's Knight. You can email the official rules folks for Catan, but basically, if you look at the rule book (for the 5th edition) in the diagrams explaining displacement, they make it clear that they intend to have the displacement done by a Knight that is on that same road, not from a different one.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need a link. I just googled the C&K rules PDF and found it in 2 secs.

Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.