Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Looking for venues to play board games in rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teena H
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone!

Beyond Good Games stores, does anyone know of any venues (free or paid) that would be suitable for about 12 people to play board games in once or twice a month on Saturdays?

I had been running my 'experienced players only' days out of The Games Den, but they're closed now. I have hired a new venue for my Thursday (beginner) night events but I need one that is affordable for less people that we can play in for about 6 hours. Thursday events tend to draw 40-60 people so the affordability for that venue is much easier, but thursdays naturally draw a smaller crowd.

My requirements are simple: must be a reasonably quiet venue with good lighting. Strong preference for places 10 minutes walk from a train station or in the CBD.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lot of the clubs (RSL etc) have meeting rooms, and they might suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.thenerdcave.com.au/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gametraders Live Hornsby have a well lit, clean and comfortable play space which is a short stroll from a train station.

Upper North Shore Board Gamers (UNSBG) meet there the first Saturday of every month (which is an open invitation to join) and there are a few store run events but the play space is generally available for that many people.

https://www.facebook.com/GametradersHornsby/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teena H
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:

They're moving away from the city at the end of the month, but are the top of my list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teena H
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabey wrote:
Gametraders Live Hornsby have a well lit, clean and comfortable play space which is a short stroll from a train station.

Upper North Shore Board Gamers (UNSBG) meet there the first Saturday of every month (which is an open invitation to join) and there are a few store run events but the play space is generally available for that many people.

https://www.facebook.com/GametradersHornsby/

That's a little out of the way of most of my regulars, at the moment trying to stay south of the bridge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.