Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Alan https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1707284/red-sands-data-pack..., who back in January of this year shared the Japanese release schedule, we have known that Crimson Dust would be the capstone to the Red Sands cycle. Today, FFG made it official.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/9/crimson-...

Crimson Dust refers to the ultra-violent pro-Mars terrorist organization that is very big on G-mods and cybernetic implants (some of which have been sprinkled throughout the cycle). Newly revealed cards include:

Mining Accident offers the Corp a difficult choice, and at only two influence may be splashed into decks that could surprise the Corp.

This appears to be a "win more" card, and in terms of cost and influence seems too expensive for a trace 1 effect (especially compared to SEA Source which is one credit cheaper and doesn't cost an extra click). This also strikes me as more of a Weyland card, but whatever.

I'm not sure how long it will be until someone proclaims this card to be "broken", but I'm reasonably confident that statement is coming. The suggested play on the FFG website (using Jemison tempo to fast advance Helium 3 Deposit) sounds more like a Mars pipe dream brought on by hypoxia. I really don't see Weyland importing MCAAP at 3 influence a pop. However, it could be an interesting addition to a recent HB deck that's been making the rounds, in which those power counters can also accumulate on Estelle Moon and Lakshmi Smartfabrics.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/42626/mooninites

Crimson Dust will be the last data pack prior to the much-anticipated rotation, as we say good-bye to all the Genesis and Spin cards when the next-and-final cycle Damon designed will be begin distribution.

Farewell, Jesus Howard, our Lord & savior (and possibly creepy pedophile dependent on how you choose to view his alt-art card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
threat level alpha is a win more card only if you double the runner's tags,
but it's very expensive to do so (3c double for a trace 1), and Midseasons is rotating soon, so the primary use is actually giving a tag without the runner having made a run (and not being terminal)

Mining Accident is crazy strong

i don't see laser moon trying out austerity. they have enough trouble protecting assets as it is when the deck only runs 9 pieces of ice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm struggling to see how Threat Level Alpha would get played. At the current cost-trace ratio it's worse than Hard Hitting News, and as a double leaves you little room to do anything with the tags on your turn, so why not just play HHN? If the runner already has the multiple tags needed to make TLA worthwhile then there are far more useful cards out there that could be played instead.

... unless we see a replacement for Project Beale of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.