Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – The Treachery of Rhudaur» Forums » Sessions

Subject: I died a lot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First it was ok. I could play out a couple of ally cards the first couple of rounds and solve a quest so I got one clue.

But on the way to solve another quest, to get a second clue, the trouble began.

Oh those Cursed Dead. I had killed two of them before. So then I got a third one, I now had three to deal with.

The first I did defend against successfully. But the first player also had a second one to deal with. The defender was Aragon. He had three wounds, and could take one more. He defended with 2, and Cursed Dead hit with three.

But the Shadow was +1 hit. So Aragorn died.

This made big trouble.

I now couldn't buy rune card from my hand. And later on I needed all allies I could get.

After another couple of rounds Thaurdir showed up, together with some other undeads. Now the location, treachery and shadow cards really began to be evil.

Some card gave the quest +6 quest points (I got two of these cards making the quest 42 instead of 30). Some cards made me put wound on all exhaust characters. Some cards gave Thaurdir one more attack. Many nasty cards here.

Soon all of my allies had died. I had 22 points on the quest. And only 1 damage on Thaurdir (he was healed 3). He then got another turn with a treachery card with Sorcery. So both remaining heroes died. And so Amarthiúl was out of the game.

It wasn't that far away. But I think losing Aragorn was the big turning point. Better luck next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We all die a lot in this game but it makes the winning so much sweeter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much always ran Tactics Boromir when I had to do a quest with those Cursed Dead. They can be pretty awful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And discard Boromir to give all of them 2 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
And discard Boromir to give all of them 2 damage?

Yeah if you get desperate, but you can also have him defend over and over again. With a Gondorian Shield equipped he shouldn't take much if any damage and then you attack them all with him. His 3 attack is enough to take them out in one hit. Takes a bit of threat to ready him over and over again, but you can pair him with Lore Aragorn for a reset if you need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.