Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benildo Pacífico
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
I love this game. Even being an abstract, it has some kind of theme. It's one of my favorite board games.

The problem is, i don't have enough friends who like to play board games, and those who do like to play, dont like the space theme. So, i'm trying to make some pnp/homemade rethemed version or variant of Quantum (Also, purely abstract games will not appeal to their interests).

Does anyone have any theme ideas? Any tips? It doesn't need to have exactly the same rules, but they need to be coherent. They like medieval/horror themes... Or should i look for new friends?!?!

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it you like about this game?

Maybe there are other/similar type games that will work for your group?

I'm not familiar enough with the game play to make a suggestion but I bet others are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benildo Pacífico
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
I love the simplicity of it. It is very easy to teach, also, it does not have that huge amount of pieces or tokens (each with a different purposes). Easy to set up and play. Doesn't take too long to finish and has the right amount of abstractiveness and flavor/theme for my taste. Ah, and the possibility to play with 2 to 4 players. There is some luck involved, but there is strategy as well.

I would call it a "fun chess with more things to do".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Chthulhu theme might work. Building dark altars around the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benildo Pacífico
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
Great theme. I had already thought on it some time ago, but i ended up having some problem to make the dice power/movement system to work with this theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Colonisation theme. Grab the colonies before the other nations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Viruses infecting hosts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benildo Pacífico
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
mb
Dude, this theme could work... Will try to adapt it later

Thx!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.