DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Solo -- BEST Crisis Expansion to buy ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Only playing with the original Base Game, and Only playing SOLO (or 2 characters/one player), and if Only buying One Crisis Expansion..,

What is the BEST CRISIS EXPANSION ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
My order of favorites is:
Crisis 2
Crisis 3
Crisis 1

I play it with a group and solo as well.
I like Crisis Black Canary the best as she allow you to get Villains into your deck and that can make a large difference in the game and she comes in set 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crisis 3 will only really work well with Forever Evil, so if you haven't got that your choice is between Crisis 1 and Crisis 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me as another vote for Crisis 2. You could use Crisis 3 with a set other than Forever Evil, but it will fit best with FE. Crisis 3 also has the Crisis cards where you contribute (destroy cards over a number of turns) instead of fulfilling a Crisis requirement all at once, which can be really nice for solo play.

Crisis 1 is still a good set, and is worth mixing in, but isn't as versatile as the latter two are. If you only get one, it should be either 2 or 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harbinjer wrote:
Crisis 3 will only really work well with Forever Evil

Incorrect.
Crisis 3 is optimized to work best with Forever Evil, but should work perfectly fine with any other base set.
C-3 continues the theme's of "higher Destroy" and "VP Token's", but the set provides enough cards that do the above, and an optional rule to get more VP token's, so that any base set will work.

Things to note:
Crisis 2 Crisis-cards are arguably better balanced than Crisis 1, but C-2 does -slightly- continue the theme's of Heroes Unite, so a few cards may be flavor-fully out of place (like the -2- Power Rings).

C-3 Crisis-cards use the "Contribute" mechanic, which many feel is a better system than the old "all at once" approach of C-1 & C-2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.