Hannibal & Hamilcar» Forums » General

Subject: Heroes of the Great War - vs - Hannibal & Hamilcar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Qui Peccavit
Angola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Today, while searching for some game accessories to indicate the wind's direction in a naval game, I ended up on a Kicktraq page for Fidget Spinner Dice by a company called Alien Lab. At the top of the Kicktraq page, there was a picture of some cavalry miniature figures and clicking on it, I was taken to the campaign for an awesome-looking war game system called Heroes of the Great War or more precisely, to the first title in that series called Limanowa 1914.

It is a game about the beginning of the first World War on the eastern front and as somebody said in the comments section, might be the best-looking and well-produced war game since «Samurai Battles». It is not necessary to reach a certain number of likes on social media to obtain cardboard counters in addition to miniature figures (already included) and the shipping fees to locations off the beaten path are relatively stomachable. The rules as well as a Print-&-Play edition are available for download from the publisher's website (I don't know if the same goes for the Spanish edition that is produced by Arrakis Games) and Gladiator Games even offer an option to playtest an online version on Tabletopia. The reviews here on BGG are very positive ...

... and that's where the fly is in the ointment. Both Hannibal & Hamilcar and Heroes of the Great War are obviously well produced titles that try to push the boundaries of what is commonly associated with the «war game» genre. H&H is a 20 year old game in its 3rd edition but the instruction manuals are still being worked on, so in terms of rules availability, it's a tie.

H&H is entirely card-driven; like any game these days, Limonowa 1914 uses cards as well, but there are also tactical troop movements that allow for more manoeuvres than merely depending on the luck of the draw. In adding this dimension, HotGW offers more tools to decide battles and therefore is a nose ahead in this regard.

H&H depicts the Punic wars, HotGW takes place in WW I. In terms of originality, Limanowa is more unique, but in general appeal to a wider audience, Carthage vs. Rome is probably a more important and therefore more interesting theme and when painted, ancient armour is more colourful than WW I uniforms in olive, gray and brown. Should the point go to H&H, if by a hair's breadth?

Unfortunately, the interesting theme of the rise of the Roman Empire is not fleshed out by the components and the promised 'much bigger' stretch goals never materialized. The white lines on the board somewhat take away from what could have been a beautiful map and other than that, it's just cards and a maximum of four or five general figures on the board at any given time. Limanowa 1914 comes with counters, too, but there are far more miniature figures of different types and poses included, the features on the map have their purpose during gameplay and the modular configuration makes for more variety. The stuff & eye candy point goes to HotGW Limanowa.

Hannibal & Hamilcar stand 40 mm tall on 7 mm socles and there does not seem to be anything else in that size, making it next to impossible to pimp the game with more miniatures. Despite their size, they are no more detailed than what Caesar, Hät, Nikolai or Zvezda produce in 25 mm. On the other hand, Gladiator Games have already received requests from tabletop wargame players to make their figures available separately, in order to use them with other games. When heading for the city of Compatibilia, Carthaginians and Romans are marching to Limanowa's beat of the drums of August.

H&H comes in four fully translated language versions; HotGW's game materials are confirmed in four languages as well, with another three waiting for the necessary number of supporters from the respective countries. The threshold is a very modest one, which tips the scales towards HotGW «Limanowa».

Cards look good in both games, maybe a tad more thematically flavoured in WotGW. Limanowa might be a millimetre in the lead here, but one could just as well call it a tie.

Concerning the stretch goals and add-ons offered, they were all the same in the case of H&H and all appeals for some variation from the repetitive boredom were ignored. HotGW's stretch goals are varied and different at every step of the way and clearly bring home the bacon in this round.

Game modes: there is one mode in H&H, 1 player versus 1 player. Of course, any board game on the planet can be played alone as long as no simultaneous actions are required, but there is no particular solo variant. Limanowa 1914 caters to solo players (against the AI) as well as to 2-4 player groups, both as opponents or cooperatively together against the game system (AI). The heroes on the eastern front decide the battle for gamemodia in their favour.

The Carthaginian and Roman generals have been battling it out since 20 years and it is easier to fine-tune something good than it is to create something new. On the other hand, for owners of the previous editions, H&H might not offer enough new meat to warrant a second purchase of what is basically the same game. «Limanowa 1914» is the first product in the new «Heroes of the Great War» series; unchartered waters might turn out to be rough ones, although the game surely makes a professional and well-prepared impression in every regard. H&H is the secure option, HotGW the innovative one -- to each their own.

Both «Hannibal & Hamilcar» and «Heroes of the Great War - Limanowa 1914» are very promising games that enrich the niche genre of war games and might bring some fresh blood to the table. Unfortunately, the head-to-head race in which both games exhibited pros and cons leaves potential backers on a limited budget with the torture of choice and a dilemma:

Which one to choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flip a coin and look at the result. If you are disappointed then buy the other game, if you are happy when you see the result then get that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Nice advertising piece but on the wrong forum

However, a statement that H&H has nothing new to offer is a bit of a stretch. There is 15 new scenarios and TWO games in the box, played on TWO different maps. There is also 50 or so NEW event cards, new dice, new mechanics in HAMILCAR too.

Also, talking from personal experience, I doubt it is easier to fine-tune something good than to create something new. The good has a proven history, the new might be nothing but a dead end. Out of all the innovation in the world, there is only a few cases which prove their worth.

Having said so, I'd like to wish all the good luck to our Hungarian Cousins. There is a true friendship between Poles and Hungarians. And no BS between them A very interesting example, very rare in the world.

Cheers,

Jaro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Qui Peccavit wrote:
Which one to choose?

Do you think HotGW will see a re-edition with thousands of backers in 2037?

People very easily underestimate the merit of staying in the market for tens of years. This is very very difficult, and it definitely means something. 99% of the plenty of games that go out these days 'disappear' in months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Qui Peccavit wrote:
H&H is entirely card-driven; like any game these days, Limonowa 1914 uses cards as well, but there are also tactical troop movements that allow for more manoeuvres than merely depending on the luck of the draw. In adding this dimension, HotGW offers more tools to decide battles and therefore is a nose ahead in this regard.
(emphasis mine)

Right after this is where I tuned out. If you think Hannibal just depends on luck of the draw, I think we're on entirely different wavelengths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Keese
Germany
Lauenau
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at it from a practical angle ... :-)
That is a nice comparative evaluation, let's see if looking at the problem from a more practical angle might make the decision easier if I (try to) keep it in your style.

Any project creator so far, in campaigns that I merely observed for a while as well as in those that I backed on different platforms, has always granted supporters the possibility to upgrade their pledge in the pledge manager after the end of the campaign. In other words, in the overwhelming majority of cases, it is usually possible to pledge the minimum during the campaign and upgrade to higher pledge levels later, still receiving the desired products under the same conditions and at the same price as if the pledge had been made during the active phase. This is unfortunate if it means missing the last stretch goal by a few Dollars (although all decent companies still included the SGs if it was close), but as long as that's not the case, a few weeks more are irrelevant as the publisher still obtains the money months before delivery. In fact, the very reason for treating late pledges this way is that the total amount is higher, as backers are not discouraged by unavailable exclusives, higher prices or less favourable conditions in the pledge manager. Not everybody becomes aware of a product on its first day, so granting the grace period allows interested fans to safe up the often significant amounts until the pledge manager closes, the project creators get their money better late then never, everybody's happy.

In the case of Hamilcar & Hannibal, Phalanx decided to do it differently. It is difficult to recall all the respective remarks in the KS comments, but I remember that you will not obtain certain extras or scenarios for free if you do not pledge for the game during the campaign. In other words, if you do not cough up the cash in the next 48 hours, your price will be higher in the pledge manager. How much might be specified in the FAQ(?), but in any case, you are a little closer to retail prices. On the bright side, there is going to be a retail version, so while it will cost a little more, you are not doomed to miss out on H&H and can acquire it later. Offering a retail version is therefore a point in favour of H&H.

Not willing to leave the field of peculiar business decisions uncontested, Gladiator Games say they focus on Kickstarter and that there will be only very few retail copies later (probably the difference between print run quantities and backer numbers). Why a commercial entity would not want to sell as many units of their merchandise as possible through whichever channels is something you have to ask them directly. In practical terms, it means that you have three weeks instead of two days to fatten and slaughter the piggy bank for a game that will not be available on retail shelves later. On the bright side, there is no notion of different conditions for upgrades in the pledge manager (+1 Gladiator), but if financially feasible, keep in mind that only the amounts pledged during the campaign count towards stretch goals.

If you are worried about the cost of retail copies, keep in mind that MSRP are usually moon prices and that games in stores rarely ever cost as much as the crowdfunding fairy tales would make us believe. Start looking around for pre-orders at retail or online stores once a month after the pledge manager closes and in many cases, the price difference is not all that dramatic.

So, if you like and really want H&H and HotGW but cannot afford both this month, the logical solution seems to consist in backing «Heroes of the Great War - Limanowa 1914» now, to help it fund and because retail copies will be scarce, and to buy «Hamilcar & Hannibal» in a retail store later.

Nota bene: this is merely a practical conclusion regarding cash flow optimization to obtain both products -- which game you like better is a question of personal taste. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
'This War Without an Enemy'
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I'm surprised that you are even comparing these two games. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of scope (grand strategic with political element vs. purely tactical) and historical period (ancient vs. 20th century), and the games mechanics are also very different. Hannibal clearly doesn't need miniatures - they are purely decorative elements in this latest edition and I wonder if they might detract from the game play (I have the Valley Games edition and I've never bothered to play with the miniatures). For Heroes of the Great War, the figures are a core part of the offering, possibly even its main selling point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
KarstenKeese wrote:
So, if you like and really want H&H and HotGW but cannot afford both this month, the logical solution seems to consist in backing «Heroes of the Great War - Limanowa 1914» now, to help it fund and because retail copies will be scarce, and to buy «Hamilcar & Hannibal» in a retail store later.

This is purely advertising another product on Hannibal's forum and an attempt of a free ride. Shame on you, you are trying to benefit from someone else work here.

Jaro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qui Peccavit
Angola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a forum for the interchange of users, not to praise the publisher
el comandante wrote:
This is purely advertising another product on Hannibal's forum, you are trying to benefit from someone else work here.

Has your auto-perception of being "El Comandante" gone to your head to a degree that you are forgetting where you are here?

First and foremost, I did not ask on the KS page, which one might perhaps consider being the project creator's work, although to my knowledge, there is no policy there that would demand only positive comments from potential investors.

Here, you and your lap dogs do not do any work at all, other than promoting your product. Some of your fanboys (not all but some) even lack the reading comprehension skills to differentiate and understand the difference between isolated battles and the entire game, or they expect a forum post to spell out the entire rulebook in detail. Neither they nor you are doing any more work here than anybody else who types in a post.

Third, if you took the time to look around before whining, you should be able to realize that questions like mine pop up in many threads about many games, not just H&H. Look around, you will see threads "which is better" or "which one should I get" for many games, so this is nothing out of the ordinary.

Therefore, other members are perfectly entitled to answer the question, and while few of your fanboys are able to do so constructively and staying on topic, Karsten provided an argumentation based on logical reasoning as to how to proceed if one likes both games but can only afford one right now. This is a user community that allows publishers to participate in the discussion (many other forums strictly forbid any kind of advertising and promotion), a place where buyers and players of board games come together for a free interchange of opinions about games. If you cannot stomach that people may consider other products as well, using your time to seek professional help would be more beneficial than statements like the one above.

I cannot remember any other author, designer or publisher who had the nerve and arrogance to demand that in a user community, people should not mention any other god besides them. Karsten's answer was neither disrespectful nor negative and not even in favour of the other product, but merely a practical solution to the dilemma.

Pity on you for lacking the capability to realize and the character to accept that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StefanK
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaro, sorry but this is not the H&H commercial page. People here on BGG discuss many things, among which are comparative analyses: which of the two (three, n-games) should I get given my current budget? It's a completely legitimate discussion and KarstenKeese simply illustrated his logical reasoning. I haven't intended it as "advertising" a particular product and, most of all, he doesn't have to feel ashamed at all.
Or perhaps, do you reckon he is being paied by the company producing "Heros of the great war"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Keese
Germany
Lauenau
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A user forum is not a sound board for manufacturers
el comandante wrote:
This is purely advertising ...

... from your side and as always, because neither on this nor on other topics, your posts ever addressed the question and merely touted how great H&H was -- which for the game is true, so all the petty bickering is even less comprehensible.

Kegla wrote:
Jaro, do you reckon he is being paied by the company producing "Heros of the great war"?

Unfortunately not, but even if that was the case, it wouldn't change anything about the wording of the text. We could have the same suspicion about anybody who praises a particular product, like for example the other gentlemen who did not even read or understand the OP correctly, but still felt compelled to post their opinion, mostly without any logical argumentation to back it up.

What we can definitely say for sure, however, is that Mr. Jaro Andruszkiewicz is getting paid by the publisher of «Hamilcar & Hannibal». whistle bag laugh

Qui Peccavit wrote:
Karsten's analysis was neither disrespectful nor negative and not even in favour of the other product, but merely a practical solution to the dilemma.

At least we do not seem to be the only three to think so, but to give our Polish friend the benefit of the doubt: project creators are under a lot of stress and rarely get enough sleep during a crowdfunding campaign. Despite displaying a lamentable underlying attitude, maybe Mr. Andruszkiewicz shot out his nonsense before realizing that a user community is not a sound board for manufacturers, but a place to ask for advice, opinions, tips and exactly the kind of questions that you asked.

Now that the battle is over and given that it ended in a glorious victory for Carthaginians and Romans, once the Phalanx team got some rest, they might calm down a little. Let us thank them for the nice makeover of a popular product and wish them good luck for the hard work that lies ahead of them during the production phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sasvari
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, guys, Peter here, from Gladiator Games.

I've been following this discussion since its beginning but didn't want to take part in it. Now that the end of H&H campaign is within hours reach, probably nobody could accuse me with advertising my own game (on an open community forum).

@Jaro First of all, I must make one thing absolutely clear: no one here who posted in this thread is our paid advertiser! They don't have any association with Gladiator Games.

Hannibal&Hamilcar is a great game, no one wants to take this away from PHALANX. I would've backed it if my budget would've allowed it. As with many KS users, my wallet is not infinite and it was dry since the Gloomhaven campaign (and waiting for Lords of Hellas, hope it's not a problem to link to them).

About the original post: buyers, backers or call us whatever you want, want to get the best deals for their money. When I back a game, especially if it's within the $80-100 range, I read everything about the creator, about the project and search for better deals: is there anything which would give me a similar experience. In short, backers tend to compare games regardless if any creator wants this or not. Just check the BGG page of Gloomhaven, Rising Sun or any other popular game: the general tab will be full of comparison threads. Imagine if Isaac would freak out every time someone posts such topic: there wouldn't be a 3rd print of GH or Gloomhaven 2 because we would loose him to a heart attack.

@Qui Peccavit If you have any question about Heroes of the Great War: Limanowa 1914, let them come! (I'm sure our next game will have a shorter title...)

Instead, let us honour our traditional Polish-Hungarian friendship: I invite you guys at PHALANX to Budapest (where our HQ is) and let's have a beer or two! Let's celebrate the success of both of our games, if we can find one spare box, you'll get it as a present from us! Not to mention, we are working on the Polish translation of the game...

Polak, Węgier — dwa bratanki,
i do szabli, i do szklanki,
oba zuchy, oba żwawi,
niech im Pan Bóg błogosławi.

I don't want to make any judgements about which game one should pledge for. My opinion would be strongly biased, H&H is already 1200% funded, ending today, HotGW: Limanowa is somewhere around 50%, with 20 days left. Karsten said everything in his first comment what needs to be said about this topic.

I would suggest continuing this discussion in the Limanowa BGG forums, everybody's welcome there. I won't link to it because Jaro (KilimanJaro? sorry!) would surely cut my genitals off when he's in Budapest!

Oh and one more thing: yes, project creators don't get too much sleep during their campaigns, we at Gladiator Games solve this by getting turns: one guy observes social platforms, the other guys are at work (because game making is still just a hobby for us, sadly), or are sleeping. It works so far!

Good luck with Hannibal & Hamilcar for the last minute rush and big congrats to the success so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you guys that this is a free forum and that people may discuss about which game to buy and so on, and also think that Jaro must be under a lot of pressure and would certainly need to sleep more than he does now. But you two are pushing things a bit over the top:

Qui Peccavit wrote:
Therefore, other members are perfectly entitled to answer the question, and while few of your fanboys are able to do so constructively and staying on topic
KarstenKeese wrote:
We could have the same suspicion about anybody who praises a particular product, like for example the other gentlemen who did not even read or understand the OP correctly, but still felt compelled to post their opinion, mostly without any logical argumentation to back it up.

Are you calling me 'his fanboy' or saying that I answer 'without reading or understanding'? Do you deliver certificates of understanding, or of ability to answer your questions? Does it depend on whether you got the answer you were expecting? How long must the logical argumentation be? Can we give our opinion without one?

To make things crystal clear: I have no relation at all with this game or project. I owned the VG edition and sold it (had no players around me), and because of that I'm not backing this edition. But I know well the game, so I try to help users in the forum, as I do with other games I know well.

I made the effort to read the OP and gave an honest, founded answer:
franchi wrote:
Qui Peccavit wrote:
Which one to choose?
People very easily underestimate the merit of staying in the market for tens of years. This is very very difficult, and it definitely means something. 99% of the plenty of games that go out these days 'disappear' in months.

Today there is a trend to 'weight' the quality of games for the quantity/quality of components, or the generic mechanics, but people forget that what makes games a classic, or simply very good, has little to do with that. There are designs that work, while most of them don't, and standing the test of time over decades is a very good measure. You said that copies of HotGW "will be scarce", but IMHO it will be for a reason: in a couple of years few people will be playing it, and to answer my own question, in 2037 very few people will know it even existed, besides the designer and his circle, IMHO. But the minis are gorgeous.

If you don't like the answer, then it is your problem, but please stop insulting people that take their time to answer your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Jaro was joking and no one got it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sasvari
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmb
franchi wrote:

franchi wrote:
Qui Peccavit wrote:
Which one to choose?

Today there is a trend to 'weight' the quality of games for the quantity/quality of components or the generic mechanics, but people forget that what makes games a classic, or simply very good, has little to do with that. There are designs that work, while most of them don't, and standing the test of time over decades is a very good measure. You said that copies of HotGW "will be scarce", but IMHO it will be for a reason: in a couple of years few people will be playing it, and to answer my own question, in 2037 very few people will know it even existed, besides the designer and his circle, IMHO. But the minis are gorgeous.

I forgot to touch one topic, namely: "Do you think HotGW will see a re-edition with thousands of backers in 2037?"

We've been playing with the game engine Limanowa spawned from for more than 10 years now (13 to be exact). Limanowa itself is already 2 years in the making. Of course, we don't know if anyone will play HotGW in 20 years, just as no one can know this currently and no one knew 20 years ago with Hannibal if it would become a classic or not. Saying that few people will play it or even know if it existed is just simply arrogant, even if it'll become true. Or if you happen to see the future through a magic glass bowl, please tell us the winning numbers for Euro-lottery next week.
If anyone wants to judge the mechanics of Limanowa, there's a free Print&Play demo out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sasy0174 wrote:
We've been playing with the game engine Limanowa spawned from for more than 10 years now (13 to be exact). Limanowa itself is already 2 years in the making. Of course, we don't know if anyone will play HotGW in 20 years, just as no one can know this currently and no one knew 20 years ago with Hannibal if it would become a classic or not. Saying that few people will play it or even know if it existed is just simply arrogant, even if it'll become true. Or if you happen to see the future through a magic glass bowl, please tell us the winning numbers for Euro-lottery next week.

I'm not questioning the quality of your game, I said that in my honest opinion I think it will not be a classic that will see a lot of demand in 2037. I am a (hobbyist) designer too, and I like my games a lot, but also IMHO I would be surprised if someone told me that thousands of people will be asking for a new edition of them in 2037. But again, that's just my opinion. If you found my comment arrogant I apologize, it was not meant to be.

People didn't know if Hannibal would be played 20 years later, and people don't know if our games will be played in 20 years time. The only fact we know is that Hannibal is being played a lot after 20 years, and that was my point, something that carries much more 'quality weight' than the size or color or number of miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the rate the world is going, will humanity even exist in 20 years anyways...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
sasy0174 wrote:
I'm not questioning the quality of your game, I said that in my honest opinion I think it will not be a classic that will see a lot of demand in 2037. I am a (hobbyist) designer too, and I like my games a lot, but also IMHO I would be surprised if someone told me that thousands of people will be asking for a new edition of them in 2037. But again, that's just my opinion. If you found my comment arrogant I apologize, it was not meant to be.

To put my remark into a more positive context, it is somehow related to an interview I read of Néstor (from nestorgames). When he was asked "Do you think that one of your games will be played 100 years from now?", he answered "I will be already happy if one day my grandchildren play one of their grandfather's games".

We would all love to design a 'Hannibal', but with my designs I'm not targeting thousands or hundreds in the distant future. If in 20 years many people play them it will be great, but already if I have grandchildren and they play one of them I will be very happy! Well, I'll be already happy to have them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sasvari
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmb
franchi wrote:
franchi wrote:
sasy0174 wrote:

To put my remark into a more positive context, it is somehow related to an interview I read of Néstor (from nestorgames). When he was asked "Do you think that one of your games will be played 100 years from now?", he answered "I will be already happy if one day my grandchildren play one of their grandfather's games".

We would all love to design a 'Hannibal', but with my designs I'm not targeting thousands or hundreds in the distant future. If in 20 years many people play them it will be great, but already if I have grandchildren and they play one of them I will be very happy! Well, I'll be already happy to have them...

We agree on that: I would be even happy if someone would play Limanowa 5 or 10 years from now! Heck, I would be happy if someone would play it 1 year from now. I or better to say, we at GladGames, don't put so much work (and money) into something to see it collecting dust on a shelf, but be played regularly. Designing games to a niche market is already defining the reach of the game and it's lifespan. Let's hope for the best!

What kind of games do you have btw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sasy0174 wrote:
What kind of games do you have btw?

I dont't want to hijack the thread! (if you are curious check the three central microbadges under my avatar)

These are games published by a small company, so they don't reach many people, but just reading the positive feedback from the few people that play them makes the whole process worthy.

I wish you good luck with HotGW! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.