Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes Street Peddler a strong card? The creator of the deck list below, for example, says this:

Quote:
Street Peddler and Faust thrust Noiseshop into the stratosphere of Tier 0, and that's my intention of describing in this writeup. Taking a hand with Wyldside, Aesops, or Peddler immediately puts the tempo in your hands, and it's a big deal when Daily Casts was easily the worst card in the deck. The tactical strategy of rezzing impactful ICE against Noise goes out the window with a Peddler out, and Faust further amplifies the power by providing insane use to the 7+ dead draws.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/24158/good-things-on-sal...

I don't follow how this works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Epimer
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Street Peddler is generally strong because it filters through your deck, which helps you find key pieces quicker. It also allows you to install cards at paid ability speed rather than with a click, which enables shenanigans like mid-run installs of Parasite, Faust or D4v1d. And it gives a discount on doing so!

Being able to install things mid-run is huge for Noise, because you can tactically discard cards from R&D, and the Corp can no longer assume that you don't have access to things like Faust, Lamprey or Medium just because they aren't installed, if there's a Peddler out.

The main disadvantage to Street Peddler is that you have to discard the other two cards, but this is hugely mitigated by running few events (three event Peddlers SUCK), and by having recursion cards like Deja Vu. In Noise, imagine your Peddler hits Wyldside, virus, virus. You get to install your Wyldside at a discount, and can fetch your viruses with Deja Vu. Winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epimer wrote:
Street Peddler is generally strong because it filters through your deck, which helps you find key pieces quicker. It also allows you to install cards at paid ability speed rather than with a click, which enables shenanigans like mid-run installs of Parasite, Faust or D4v1d. And it gives a discount on doing so!

Being able to install things mid-run is huge for Noise, because you can tactically discard cards from R&D, and the Corp can no longer assume that you don't have access to things like Faust, Lamprey or Medium just because they aren't installed, if there's a Peddler out.

The main disadvantage to Street Peddler is that you have to discard the other two cards, but this is hugely mitigated by running few events (three event Peddlers SUCK), and by having recursion cards like Deja Vu. In Noise, imagine your Peddler hits Wyldside, virus, virus. You get to install your Wyldside at a discount, and can fetch your viruses with Deja Vu. Winner!
all of this, exactly.

also the clone chips help too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a whole article about Street Peddler on Stimhack. It's worth a read if you want the whole scoop on its crazy efficiency.

https://stimhack.com/an-entire-article-about-street-peddler/

edit: pet peeve, whoops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
SP is one of those cards that more cautious new players might look at and be like, "Ew, I have to discard at least two of the three cards it draws? No thanks!" and outright dismiss what is considered by strong players an incredibly strong card.

As hinted at in the decklist, with an SP out on the board (or, even worse, two), it really puts a corp in a bind. Prior to the Peddler, the only player playing facedown cards was the corp. Now the runner gets to play mind games as well. The corp has to think, "If I rez this piece of ice," will the runner be able to install something midrun that helps them get around or, even worse, destroy the ice? This is now especially possible with the console Sifr. It is really one of those things that you have to experience from both sides before understanding the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
SP is one of those cards that more cautious new players might look at and be like, "Ew, I have to discard at least two of the three cards it draws? No thanks!" and outright dismiss what is considered by strong players an incredibly strong card.

As hinted at in the decklist, with an SP out on the board (or, even worse, two), it really puts a corp in a bind. Prior to the Peddler, the only player playing facedown cards was the corp. Now the runner gets to play mind games as well. The corp has to think, "If I rez this piece of ice," will the runner be able to install something midrun that helps them get around or, even worse, destroy the ice? This is now especially possible with the console Sifr. It is really one of those things that you have to experience from both sides before understanding the power.

Very helpful, thanks. My mindset is probably more in the too cautious category, but I am going to give the card a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.