Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gin Yu
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am sorry if this has been asked before, and I also hope the answer can be had without spoilers.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I am having a hard time understanding the mechanic to find the virologist.

On setting up the search track, add a search party token (I am assuming it's the new tokens with the magnifier) to space zero (which is the first space on the card). Then add a target token (bullseye) on space 6. Is that all? What's the purpose of the remaining six tokens?

From what I can understand so far, we need to be in a faded city with a research station and conduct the search action. So all we have to do is conduct searches until we get to the sixth space or whichever space the target token is located (since we have to move them one space for each epidemic card that comes up)? Is that all?

Could someone please explain how that works? We have not started July yet, but we scan thru the next month objectives at the end of a game instead of scrambling to figure everything out right before we start playing a new month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
gin_yu wrote:
I am sorry if this has been asked before, and I also hope the answer can be had without spoilers.

On setting up the search track, add a search party token (I am assuming it's the new tokens with the magnifier) to space zero (which is the first space on the card). Then add a target token (bullseye) on space 6. Is that all? What's the purpose of the remaining six tokens?

From what I can understand so far, we need to be in a faded city with a research station and conduct the search action. So all we have to do is conduct searches until we get to the sixth space or whichever space the target token is located (since we have to move them one space for each epidemic card that comes up)? Is that all?

Could someone please explain how that works? We have not started July yet, but we scan thru the next month objectives at the end of a game instead of scrambling to figure everything out right before we start playing a new month.

Yes, that pretty much covers it. The hard part is getting the things you need in the right hands at the right place. The excess components are just in case things go horribly wrong... again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gin Yu
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Byron S. I appreciate it!

Gin.

runtsta wrote:
gin_yu wrote:

Yes, that pretty much covers it. The hard part is getting the things you need in the right hands at the right place. The excess components are just in case things go horribly wrong... again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gin_yu wrote:

What's the purpose of the remaining six tokens?

If you really want to know (minimum spoiler)...
The only reason to have multiple tokens...
is in case of...
multiple searches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gin Yu
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
gin_yu wrote:

If you really want to know (minimum spoiler)...
The only reason to have multiple tokens...
is in case of...
multiple searches.

Hahaha! I am very tempted to read it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Go on. (-8

The spoiler really is absolutely minimal. It's a fairly easy and intuitive speculation, given what you already know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, of course, you could just wait for a later month to reveal the purpose of the additional tokens. You don't need them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gin_yu wrote:

"We've only started with one Research Station in Atlanta - what's the purpose of these other 5 white buildings?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gin Yu
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
gin_yu wrote:

"We've only started with one Research Station in Atlanta - what's the purpose of these other 5 white buildings?"

Obviously, they are simply paper weight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gin_yu wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:
gin_yu wrote:

Obviously, they are simply paper weight!

I thought they were backups for cat attacks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case, there's one more wrinkle you didn't mention in the OP: Every time there's an Epidemic card, you advance the search track one space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.