Hide
6 Posts

Karuba» Forums » General

Subject: Playing with up to 8 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dedicated To Fun
msg tools
Has anyone bought a second copy and played with up to 8 players? If so, how did it go? I'm debating whether to do so but wondering how different it is at the higher counts. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with 3 copies and 11 players!

There can be a tad more down time with higher player counts as you usually have newbies and therefore have to correct mistakes etc.

But overall it works with 8 just as well as 4!

I'm a huge fan of the website for picking tiles:

http://www.dxsol3.com/karuba/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I have two copies to play up to 8. Works great! Just need to pay more attention managing the points for getting temples, because ties happen more often. I play using same rules as normal (so first Adventurer reaching a temple takes the most points gets 5, then next gets 4, 3, 2...the least amount of points you get for a temple is 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DedicatedToFun wrote:
Has anyone bought a second copy and played with up to 8 players? If so, how did it go? I'm debating whether to do so but wondering how different it is at the higher counts. Thanks!
I have two copies and we play with more than 4, it works fine, and really isn't any different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I play games! You play games?!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm wondering about the temple bonuses because I want to play this game with 2 or 3 copies. I thought about using all the treasures (so having three 5 bonuses, three 4's etc.) Wouldn't this still work? I worry about using one 5 bonus for 12 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thediceyreview wrote:
So I'm wondering about the temple bonuses because I want to play this game with 2 or 3 copies. I thought about using all the treasures (so having three 5 bonuses, three 4's etc.) Wouldn't this still work? I worry about using one 5 bonus for 12 people.

With 12 people, yeah, you might want to have more bonuses on the same level. You might also find a lot more ties for reaching any specific temple, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.