Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
Hi everybody,

our gaming group finally finished the legacy campaign last weekend and I am about to just reflect the missions we solved & failed and moreover detect those situations we could have acted better or moreover missed the exakt rules. I am in general a bit confused about the process of searching people through the game, based on this search action.

As far as I understand you search a person based on the belonging search card for sure. This card tell you where your character has to be in order to be able to do the search action basically plus what kind of card(s) you have to discard in order to get the related search token one or two spots further. So far very simple...now to the issues I see:

I infer from (not that detailed) the rules that you immediatelly find the related person as soon as the marker reached the marked and aimed spot throughout the campaign. This leads into following questions step by step:

#1: If you do not get the marker pushed far enough within one single game, does the marker stay on the last spot you´ve achieved for the next game or do you have to restart the search completeley from zero every game?

#2: As described I conclude that you immediatelly found a person once you reached the targetted spot on the persons search card. This means you do not have to achieve the search and moreover wait until the other missions within your game has been achieved and have to hope that the marker doesnt get drawn further and therefore beyond the finish line caused by the 5 pandemic cards, right? If you do not find those persons immediatelly this would make the whole search process much harder i think

#3 Presupposed I played wright with #2 I am wondering how a search marker can ever get that far beyond the finish line till end up on the last spot marked this "you cannot find the perosn in this game, try next game" spot (I am sorry I just own the German verison of the game and dont know how to translate^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
1) If you do not complete a search one game, both your search progress and the target are reset for the next.

2) Yes, when you complete a search you have completed the objective. And you immediately do anything you must do when you complete the search. A subsequent epidemic doesn't mean you've un-completed the search.

3) You have five Epidemic cards, and the "cold trail" spot is five beyond the place the target starts. That means you can't complete the search after the fifth Epidemic. (Remember the game doesn't stop when you see the fifth Epidemic card; there are usually still a few more turns before the player deck runs out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
3) You have five Epidemic cards, and the "cold trail" spot is five beyond the place the target starts. That means you can't complete the search after the fifth Epidemic. (Remember the game doesn't stop when you see the fifth Epidemic card; there are usually still a few more turns before the player deck runs out.)

As I recall, the Cold Trail spot is a different number of spaces from the target start space on different tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
[Opens archived set and refreshes memory]

True. OK.

It's never more than five spots beyond where the target starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are there so many search & target tokens provided for the search action if we are only advancing one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Why are there so many search & target tokens provided for the search action if we are only advancing one?
because you might have more than one search active at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed that in the rules... when do you use different Search tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine that you don't complete the search in July, and start a game in August. Now you have two different search tracks active at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying that you keep your search token wherever it was at the end of your last game and add a new one to the same board on your next play? Or are you saying there will be more search tracks later in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Are you saying that you keep your search token wherever it was at the end of your last game and add a new one to the same board on your next play? Or are you saying there will be more search tracks later in the game?

No, as already mentioned in the first reply, when you don't complete a search in the first game you have received it, it is still available in the next game (same or new month). Search progress target are reset to the starting positions.

Other months could bring extra searches that need to be performed with their own search track and conditions, for which you then use another set of tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beecher Greenman
msg tools
mb
randyd42 wrote:

The game will only ever introduce one Search at a time. However, if you haven't conpleted all of the previous Searches by the time the next one is introduced, they will remain active (unless you are told otherwise). If this happens, you will have multiple Searches going at once, and you're given multiple sets of Search tokens in case of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.