Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clashes and Making Action Card Totals Known rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scotty Cross
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi all, looking for a little clarification. Played this with two friends for the first time tonight, and loved it. We only had one ruling that was unclear, so here it is...

Before deciding to move a clan to a territory with opposing clans, I asked the other player how many Action Cards she had left. She didn't want to tell me, which led to a conversation as to whether that information should be in the open or not, since there's no official rule about it that we could find.

So how do you all play? Should the amount of Action Cards you have left in your hand remain secret, or is that information that should be freely given? And is there an official ruling on this?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We always play that how many cards you have in your hand is open information. For the purpose of clashes, I think it makes sense to know how many action cards an opponent has, just as you know how many clan they have on a given territory. Would be interested to hear the official line on this though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was an official rule that you knew how many cards (and what type) a player has in their hands. What cards you have drawn and played is public knowledge so I don't see the point in introducing a memory element to proceedings even if it's not an official rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No need for a ruling: it's in the rules! The number and back of the cards in hands is public knowledge. That includes what Advantage cards you hold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Cross
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you, Christian!

When on the spot last night, we couldn't find it in the rules. But with all the time in the world today, I found it easily. Glad to know we played it correctly, and thanks for such an amazingly beautiful game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.