Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath Washburn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we had a great game and encountered something interesting during a Lost Visual guard movement.

So, after my turn the guard pulls a Lost Visual and is removed from the game. Then, my friend the Juicer used her advanced ability which requires a new guard destination and she also pulled an event card which required a new guard destination.

In this case, would the two new guard cards basically just be discarded with no effect? Because, these two cards are played prior to the guard movement phase when the "lost" guard would normally return to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Colorado springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe your interpretation is correct. Any guard cards "used" by actions or events while the Burgle Bros have lost visual on the guard are effectively discarded with no effect.

This does bring up a side question for me, though (in thinking about the fact that the advanced Juicer ability you mention can only work when she picks up an active alarm token on her tile)...

How do alarms that are triggered while there is a lost visual on the guard work? Normally, activating an alarm moves the guard's destination to that tile, but there is no guard and no destination at that point. On top of that, when the guard returns there is now an active alarm that he will presumably have as his destination, so do you still draw a new destination card for him after drawing a spawn point for him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.