Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started playing Labyrinth: WoT and Awakening, and yesterday I ran through the tutorial in the Rule Book for Awakening, where it plays the jihadist Bot vs. the U.S. Bot for 1 turn.

I continued with this game, playing Bot vs. Bot, and, in the end, both Bots lost!

At the end, the U.S. Bot had 6 Good Resources and the Jihadist Bot just had 1.

The Jihadist Bot lost, as it uses the victory conditions from 9.1, the original Solo Bot victory conditions, which states that if the U.S. player has 6+ Good Resources at the end of a 1-deck game, the U.S. player wins (i.e. the Jihadist Bot loses).

But the U.S. Bot also lost, as it uses the original 2-player victory conditions, which required 12+ Good Resources, elimination of all Jihadist Cells or 15+ Fair/Good Countries.

Decided to call it a Draw.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Sellmer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
tpholt wrote:

Decided to call it a Draw.

Tony

In the original Labyrinth rulebook, Rule 2.3 says:

2.3 END OF GAME VICTORY wrote:

Labyrinth can be played in three different lengths of game. If none of the conditions of 2.1 have occurred by the selected game-end reshuf e of the card deck (1st, 2nd, or 3rd -see 3.3, 5.1, & 5.3.1), the US wins if more than twice as many Resources are under Good Governance as are under Islamist Rule; otherwise, the Jihadists win. For this game-end calculation only, count any Regime Change placed this turn (green marker, 4.8.2) as Islamist Rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess it wasn't a draw then and the U.S. was the victor. It's the first time, in an admittedly small # of games, that I haven't had one side or the other hit their stated goals.

Thanks for the info.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.