Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Our fun game Debatable is now LIVE on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Holmgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
publisher
Debatable is a seriously silly party game for people who love to argue, and it's only $19, including FREE shipping to US, CAN, EUROPE, AUS, and NZ. Check out our Kickstarter campaign below:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1582107476/debatable

In Debatable all players are politicians taking turns debating both serious and silly topics. Two players are involved in each debate, and they’re either for or against the current topic. When the time is up the other players each cast a vote on the player they felt won the debate.

Of course you never enter a debate unprepared, and thankfully your brilliant and trusty strategic advisor has provided you with some clever (or silly) debate strategies that will ensure your victory.

Debatable is a hilarious party game for 3 to 16 adult players. Playing time is approximately 30 to 120 minutes depending on the number of players, and most importantly, all players stay involved during the entire game.

Feel free to offer any feedback on the campaign.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the artwork. Reminds me of Bob's Burgers.

Not my style of game, but I think you'll find an audience. I imagine it'll appeal to groups who like games like Snake Oil and The Big Idea.

I really like the design of the square strategy cards, seems like a great way to add variety.

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Holmgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
publisher
Asmor wrote:
I like the artwork. Reminds me of Bob's Burgers.

Not my style of game, but I think you'll find an audience. I imagine it'll appeal to groups who like games like Snake Oil and The Big Idea.

I really like the design of the square strategy cards, seems like a great way to add variety.

Best of luck!

Thank you! Yes, we used Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers and Futurama as references. We wanted a a fun-looking "adult cartoon" kind of style that people recognize. And yes, it belongs in the same category as the games you mentioned, and hopefully it will appeal to those who enjoy these games. Funemployed is another.

Glad you liked the square card design, we're pretty proud of that one. We struggled at first on how to make the game varied and replayable without having to do several hundreds of cards, which is both expensive to print and takes up a lot of space when shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
United States
Springville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the artwork (big fan of the animations you mentioned: Bob's Burgers, Simpsons, Futurama...)

PLUS, my wife loves to debate and moderate. So I'm backing right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Holmgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
publisher
Splanderson wrote:
I love the artwork (big fan of the animations you mentioned: Bob's Burgers, Simpsons, Futurama...)

PLUS, my wife loves to debate and moderate. So I'm backing right now

Yay, thanks a lot! Hope you'll enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Holmgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
publisher
Six days left of the campaign, just hit our third stretch goal. Now aiming for some mini-expansions. Come back us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.