Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Varga
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I don't own the base game and I was late to the party on the KS.

I see that they've offered late pledges via the backerkit and I'm convinced that the Jarl box and playmat are a great value, even paying USD and shipping (I'm in Canada). I love Vikings and checked out the game on Tabletop so I'm fairly convinced this will make it to the table a few times at the very least.

Am I cheap/crazy for holding out hope on a local deal on the base game, especially when the expansions hit the market? Or should I just pick up the Odin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played the game?

It is a real good one, however I always play the base game before I buy expansions...

However, if you are sure you want the game + expansions, and late-backing is still on the table, then buy it now, in a month and a little it will arrive at your doorstep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkandlong wrote:
I don't own the base game and I was late to the party on the KS.

I see that they've offered late pledges via the backerkit and I'm convinced that the Jarl box and playmat are a great value, even paying USD and shipping (I'm in Canada). I love Vikings and checked out the game on Tabletop so I'm fairly convinced this will make it to the table a few times at the very least.

Am I cheap/crazy for holding out hope on a local deal on the base game, especially when the expansions hit the market? Or should I just pick up the Odin?

I would look and try to find a deal...if you can't, then go with the Odin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can save a few bucks buying it from Amazon or MM right now and if you want the game, go ahead and get it so you can play before the expansions hit. Prior to this game getting featured on Tabletop, I was able to pick it up for $28 new but now, I don't know if you will find a bargain on it. I'd just say buy it at the best price you can find and not hold out for a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few rhetorical questions for you.

1.) do you like worker placement games?
2.) do you like strategy games based on making better choices than your opponents instead of directly impacting them?
3.) do you like a set, end of game condition? (8 rounds)
4.) do you like dice in your games?
5.) do you like the Viking theme?
6.) do you like things that are AWESOME!!!!

If you answered yes to these questions, then order the Odin pack.
I've played this game about 8 times using my friends copy and I've loved every game. My kids like it too which makes it family time which is getting harder and harder to come by as they get older.

$90 is a reasonable price to pay for this package with all the extras.

DO IT!! you won't be sorry. If you are sorry, sell it on ebay for $85

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.