Hide
8 Posts

Brass: Lancashire» Forums » General

Subject: Best video tutorial? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve brothers
msg tools
I've watched most every Brass tutorial on YouTube (which surprisingly there aren't as many as I thought there would be) and can't determine which one is best for a Brass neophyte to watch prior to playing a game.

What do you all think?

Rhado's is good but rather phrenetic.

Heavy cardboard's recent play throughs are great but VERY long and I fear not concise enough for a newbie

I wish Rodney of "watch it played" had one because I feel he is the master of game run throughs

I'm hosting a game night this Friday and want to assign a Walk through video as homework for gamers who have never played Brass before.

Thoughts and suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would still suggest Heavy Cardboard's tutorial. With deeper games you need deeper tutorials. Besides isn't half the length or more because there is a playthrough attached to the same video?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember really liking the Ryan Sturm 'How to play' podcast.

It's still there:

http://howtoplaypodcast.com/episodes/episodes-1-10/episode-9...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely think the best "how to play" video available is the first hour of the Heavy Cardboard teach & playthrough of Brass. Even the teaching part is pretty long, but it's thorough & I don't know of a better one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch Rahdo
If you can start to point out his errors before the pop up pointing out his errors, you know you have it.

(Nothing against Rahdo -- keeping two sets of player moves in your head cna be hard. I started to feel good when I noticed an error, as it meant I understood what was happening, and then the pop up or later correction would come.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Heavy Cardboard tutorial is an hour long but it is very comprehensive.

I'm afraid you will have to wait to see if Watch it Played or Paul Grogan will create a more concise video for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too would recommend Heavy Cardboard. The first one have a few technical issues, but it covers all rules except for one before the live play starts, afair in a quicker and more cohesive way then Rahdo does it. The only rule you would have to point out additionally would be, that you get cash back from the bank, when you instantly fill up the iron or coal demand after building a iron works or coal mine. If somebody watches the whole live play, you will also have to point out, that filling up iron demand does not need a connection to a port, because Edward was checking that a few times. The second one with the new board was also a good watch, but I'm not sure any more, if it was covering the rules as complete. Also, since you will most likely play the old board now, it's better to get a teach with that look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Heavy Cardboard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.